Chapter 53 A Visit From Angelov

"You rode with me." Amy said as we stood by the front door. I shook my head.

"It's okay. I'll walk, or run." I winked. Then I whispered, "The advantages of being a vampire."

"Text me when you get home." She told me. She gave me a hug and I gladly hugged her back. After letting her go I waved over her shoulder at her parents.

"By Stephanie, we'll see you tomorrow." Mrs. Green said. I told them all good bye and felt the house. Two minutes later a car pulled to a stop beside me. I knew the car instantly. It was Crow's car. The dark tinted windows rolled down with a whirling hum from the motorized windows.

"Where's Audrey?" I questioned as nonchalant as possible.

"Shift changed twenty minutes ago. She went home. You want a ride? You're already late."

I stood there a moment. What I really wanted was to go back a few months. I missed the dry cleaners. I missed sneaking out. I missed - I didn't know what it was I missed.

If I was honest with myself, I had to admit things weren't bad. Kinsey and Olivia where safe. I had a sister, a twin. My friends where safe. My real parents knew what I was and they still loved me. My biological parents would be here soon. I would finally get to see them face to face.

I opened the door and slipped into the seat. I buckled my belt.

It felt weird, knowing they would be here in a week. I had no memories of these people but they where technically my family. Weirder still was the fact that they had memories of us. They had time with us that we didn't know about.

"Wow. What are you in such deep thought about?" Crow asked with a quick glance at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"The BIOS." I answered reaching for the stereo controls.

"The bios?" He asked.

I pushed in the CD. Music blasted through the speakers. I adjusted the volume as I explained. "Biological parents."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah. I am." I smiled slightly to myself. "Stupid, hu? They're my biological parents but I don't remember ever being in the same room with them. Mom said my biological parents would love me. But this is different, now. They're really going to be here. It's real."

"It's not weird, Stephanie. Your mom's right. They will love you." His hand slid along the steering wheel as he completed a turn. "They're probably nervous about your reaction to them."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Not likely." I mumbled looking out the window.

"You don't think so?" He looked over at me. "I bet you'd be surprised. Wilma said they asked every time they call if you or Amy have changed your mind about meeting them." He looked back at the road.

"Angelov asks every week if we still want to meet them. I kind of thought it was just, ya know, something you say. I didn't think we had a choice."

"And now that you know you do?" His fingers tightened on the steering wheel.

"At this point I just want to get it over with." I told him honestly. "We've been waiting weeks. I don't think I can start the process over again."

Crow's fingers relaxed. "Good. Because I'm fairly certain that Angelov would kill me if he found out I gave you an out you didn't know about." He pulled the car to a stop in front of my house.

I grinned to myself. Reaching out I wrapped my hand around the seatbelt release. "See ya." I said while opening the door.

"Hey. — Don't worry." He grabbed my wrist halting my progress out of the car. He squeezed reassuringly and gave me a crooked grin. "They'll love you." He released me so quickly it left my senses feeling robbed.