Chapter 25 Amy's Tea

Amy's mom didn't want me to come inside. She was afraid I'd get sick again. She did however get the things I'd need to work on the report. She also said I could call and talk to Amy later in the day.

By the time I got back home both of my parents had left. I didn't know where Dad went because I was sure he didn't have to work. I used their office to type up more of the report. When Angelov started talking about the twins I stopped typing and just listened. How had I not been paying attention to this?

"Years ago the current Queen gave birth to twins. A female castor called on the castle just hours after the births and informed the Queen the babes were in danger. The castor had been known to the Queen before the Queen had taken the thrown, so the Queen took her at her word, trusting the castor and her visions.

"Although the castor could see some of the plot there were things she could not see. It seemed that someone had vailed,  or at the least tried to Vail, the plot.

"She could not tell who was behind it. Every plan to save the twins was tested through her visions and another. All failed. Desperate the the twins father suggested faking their deaths and hiding them in the human system. At first the idea was dismissed.

At four weeks old the first attempt at their lives was a snake put in the nursery. Their fairy governess died when she discovered the snakes and was bitten.

It was then the plan to hide them in the human system became accepted and was finally tested with the courts seer.

Although not foolproof, the plan had better results then any other.

Precautions were taken. The castor placed a spell over the twins that they could not be located with spells or potions.

There have been few similar situations. As I stated before. The Queen only serves for one hundred years. Vampire life spans make waiting a century seem a blink of an eye."

I suddenly heard my voice. "Can Vampires be made? Or is that just a myth?" I picked up the recorder and inspected it. The tiny time stamp indicated it was functioning properly. I didn't even realize I had gotten lost in my thoughts before I had asked that question. I rewinded and listened again. This time I typed. By the time I stopped typing my back hurt.

Hungry, I made my way to the kitchen. I fried an egg and tossed it with lettuce, tomato, mayo and onion on bread. It was better then I expected but I did have to add chips and a soda to my lunch. Not that I intended to tell Mom that.

I watched TV for a while but even with satellite TV nothing really held my interest. I eventually went back to typing.

I jumped when the phone rang. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID.

"Mom's freaking out. She's taking me to the hospital. You don't think... Should I call Angelov?" Amy whispered.

"I'll call Angelov. You stall your mom." I didn't wait for a reply. I dial Angelov.

"Smith, I need Angelov. Amy's mom is taking her to the doctor and I don't know if that's a good idea." I said as soon as Smith answered.

Moments later Angelov spoke, somehow his voice didn't reassured me. "The human doctors won't discover anything to worry about. They won't run DNA test for what they assume is a simple virus."

"But what if they do run DNA?"

"They will not. Even if they did they would not know where to find the vampire genes."

I sat waiting for Amy to call. As the minutes passed away I grew more concerned. I couldn't concentrate on the project because my mind went back to Amy.