Chapter 63 Blackwell Ten Minutes

Waiting has always been the most difficult thing for me. Spending that time practically locked up was worse. The queen sent more guards, three more rooms in the hotel now held our party, and I use the word loosely, of paranormals. On the plus side, they brought blood. They stayed out of sight for the most part.

Carmichael assured us it would be only for another day at most.
Corbin, Karachin's mate, was awake but couldn't be moved. Wolfsbane slowed his healing. Without a complete blood transfusion, we had to let the magic, herbs, and nature take their own course.

Somehow, I always thought of magic as instant. It wasn't, it was faster than human science, but still slower then magic on TV and movies. Too bad that wasn't fact; we'd be out of here already.

It was just Wilma, Carmichael and I in the room. Over the last few hours, I had tried to watch TV, but even with hundreds of channels, there wasn't anything worth watching. Wilma grunted in frustration, while I paced the room.

"Child, can you please find something else to do?" Carmichael shifted on the bed. He was saving his strength in case Corbin needed more magical intervention. I stuck my tongue out at him. "Really? That's mature. "

Before I could spout a smart alec reply Wilma threw up her hands. "For the love of god, go across the hall. See how Corbin is doing. Ask if the kid needs anything. Offer to give Karachin a break. Do-" I was already out the door.

Hagan, an extra guardian sent by the queen, straightened his back. "What are you doing?"

"Wilma told me to check on them." I nodded towards the door as I rapped gently on the surface. I had to repeat the statement to the Guardian that answered the door. He stepped back and let me inside.

Corbin and Ma'gan sat on the bed playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.

"Awe, you win that one." he chimed. The girl giggled, slammed her fist on her palm and the game continued. I noticed Corbin's movements were slow and steady.

"Steph. How are you doing? Has Carmichael said we'd be leaving soon?" Karachin asked standing by the window. I crossed the room and gave her a hug.

"No. Sorry. Wilma wanted me to ask if you, any of you, needed anything," I told her.

"Oh, shist," the guardian exclaimed. I was bombarded with emotions of the man, awe and fear.

I turned around. Ma'gan glowed, still sitting on the bed in front of her father.

"Ma'gan, what's the matter, darling?"
"They are coming, coming, close. Leave this place. If the sun falls so shall we." The voice that came from the child's lips was not her own. It was the voice she used on the bluff.
Karachin turned large concerned eyes towards me. "Tell your Caster it is time to leave. No delays."

"Wait. I don't understand." Karachin had already started gathering the things around the room.

"There is no time to explain. Sunset is in four hours five at the most." she tossed Ma'gan's clothes in a small backpack.

Corbin grunted as he sat up. Karachin ordered him to relax, she assured him she could handle the packing. She turned back to me, "Not to be rude, Stephanie, but we leave in an hour, with or without you. "

I nodded and ran across the hall. "We have to go. I don't know why, but Ma'gan... " I explained to them and Wilma left the room. Carmichael stood and started gathering up his herbs, sent with the new guardians. He pulled out a cell phone and called the queen. As soon as he disconnected the call, he pointed to the closest.
He mixed a batch of something at the table and put the jars back in the box.
"What's going on?" I asked as I pulled out the things from the closet.