Chapter 54 Dinner With The Bios

I woke up early on Friday morning. It took me just seconds to remember the significance of the day.  They were coming... Today. By the time we got out of school they would be at Angelov's estate waiting for us. For a moment my stomach turned.

I went down stairs and made coffee and tea. The scent of coffee lured mom and dad downstairs.

By the time I left for school my parents had assured me at least twice, each, that my bios would adore me. Their reassurances didn't have the same effect as it would have just days before. I didn't let them know that I still felt a gnawing fear in my gut.

I parked on the school lot furthest away from the entrance of the school. I needed time to collect my thoughts. The walk across the lot didn't help as much as I had hoped.

All I ended up doing was coming to the conclusion that I didn't need the bios. If they didn't like me, it didn't matter.

"Steph!" Amy greeted me, bouncing and weaving her way through the crowd. She grabbed my shoulders and gave me a quick hug. "Can you believe it? They're gonna be here today." She bounced excitedly.

For a moment I was jealous of her enthusiasm. But I pushed the feeling away.

"Amy! Steph!" Kyle yelled making his way to us. He kissed Amy on the cheek and wrapped an arm around her waist. "Good morning. Are you syked to meet the King and Queen?"

Amy smiled. She nuzzled his neck.

"Enough of that, Ms. Green. Distance." One of the teachers ordered causing the two of them to quickly spring apart.

"Sorry, Mrs. Cowley." Amy sang with a blush on her face. "It won't happen again." She called after the retreating teacher.

Mrs. Cowley looked over her shoulder and scowled at us. "Don't make promises you won't keep, Ms. Green."

Amy blushed a deeper red and I tried to pretend I didn't notice. "Bells about to ring." I grabbed my books for class and stepped back. Amy grabbed the few things she had stuffed in my locker. Kyle closed the door as soon as her hands where free.

"See you after class, babe." he dropped a kiss on her lips.

The day sped by. One class blended into another. Lunch was the only time that seemed to stand out in my mind.

I gave the mango slices to Eric and Kyle. I don't know why I picked them. I never like them but I try them every time the school serves them. The boys didn't mind. Eric just smiled at me and slid apple slices over to me.

I ate them enjoying the juicy crunch. Looking down at my tray. I picked up the last slice of Apple and the last chicken strip. I wondered. With a shrug I layered them together and took a bite.

"What are you... Pregnant?" Kyle demanded eyeing my crazy concoction. I immediately choked on the half chewed food.

"Damn, sorry." Kyle apologized. Eric glared at him, hitting my back trying to dislodge the food.

Airway clear I  let them know I was okay. "I just wanted to see what it tasted like."

"And?" Sina asked curiously.

I laughed. Trust Sina to be the one to actually want to know. "Not bad, actually. But it would have been better with a slice of cheese." I gave Kyle a taunting look. "And without the choking."

"I said sorry." He complained.

I rolled my eyes. In my pocket my phone suddenly vibrated and beeped. I pulled the phone from my pocket, wondering who could be messaging me. All my friends, except Kinsey and Olivia where here.