Chapter 59 Illegal Entry

I stood looking at the treeline long after she had gone. The overlook was on the southeast border of Canthron pack territory. I had attacked the deer close to the Northern border.

With my thoughts still spinning I felt odd standing there just watching the trees. If Karachin had still been there I may have felt differently about being so close to the pack's territory. Biting my cheek I decided to go back into town. I hadn't eaten all day except for the blood. My stomach grumbled but I still didn't want to go home. Unfortunately, I didn't have any money or my debit card. My clothes looked ragged and dirty so visiting a friend was out of the question. Just because I felt like hell didn't mean I wanted my friends seeing me looking just the way I felt.

I was mentally cursing myself for leaving everything at Angelov's. I stopped at the school football field and sat in the stands. Without a game there were no lights and the school was at the edge of the town so you could see the sky perfectly. Only a few clouds drifted above me.

Too bad I wasn't really at school, I could raid my locker for the cheese crackers, almonds and apple juice I had put in it Friday. I sat up straight. I was at the school. I could just pop in and get the stuff out of my locker. And as an added bonus I left my old backpack in there. I had a change of clothes, some money, although I couldn't remember how much, a tube of pink lipstick and a couple of other things.

My mind made up I made my way from the football field to the east side bathroom. Unfortunately for me the bathroom windows where locked. I had hoped that one of the student or teacher smokers had left it open. It turned out all the first floor bathrooms had been closed and locked up tight.

I debated checking the second floor bathrooms but I'd have to use the stairwell to get to the first floor. The stairwell had cameras and I didn't want to be caught. Not to mention it would rise questions about how I got onto the second floor to begin with. I also didn't want to break into the school either.

I could check all the classroom windows but there were a lot of them. I already checked the gym entrance but it was locked. I started checking classroom windows and got lucky on the fifth one. It was closed but not locked.

I entered Mr. Bridge's old class room and closed the window behind me. The good thing about being a vampire was I didn't need a flashlight. I couldn't see perfectly in the dark but it was better than it had ever been when I was human.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind I had to remind myself, I was never human. It had never even crossed my mind. People don't think about being human because most of them don't even know there is anything else to be.

I made my way to my locker and raided it. There was more in it then I thought. Along with the cheese crackers, almonds and apple juice I found a bag of sunchips and a sucker I had no intention of putting in my mouth. In total I found $54.43, most of the money was change and dollar bills. There was also a hairbrush, some clothes, some feminine products, an old USB drive, a pencil pouch full of stuff, a pink lighter, old school papers and a couple of hair ties.

At some point I had made the decision not to go back to Angelov's, my friends or home because after counting the money I found myself disappointed. It wouldn't get me far or provide a room for the night. Going back and staying at the dry cleaner was not an option because they would look for me there.

I sat on the hallway floor with items scattered around me. I wish I had my phone. As much as I didn't want to be around anymore I still wanted to feel connected.

Jokingly I thought about sleeping in the woods. People go camping all the time. I have been camping but we had an RV or tent when we camp. I looked at the money. I wonder how much a tent cost. If I had my phone I could look it up, but Angelov could track me too.