Chapter 23 Blood Sisters

I shook my head. "What twins?" Amy and Eric didn't seem to know what he meant either. Both had confused looks on there face.
Kyle looked at Angelov and back at us. "Am I the only one who listened to Mr. Angelov when we came for our report?"

"I listened." I said trying to defend myself. "I got distracted a few times but I listened." I admitted.

Kyle rolled his eyes. "The Queen's, the vampire queen's, twins were kidnapped just after they were born." He paused and turned to Angelov. "Wait, you had them kidnapped?"

"No. I did not. The story of their kidnapping was a cover for their relocation."

"Stephanie and Amy are royalty?" Eric asked Angelov but his gaze shifted between me and Amy.

"Yes. But the problem is that we don't have the original paperwork from their placement in the agency. We don't know which of you is the first born."

"Well wouldn't that have to be Stephanie? She's already changed. The oldest would change first, right?"

"You were born minutes apart. Age has little to do with who would change first. It could be either of you. The first born had a birth mark on the back of her leg."

"We both have birth marks on our legs." I told him.

"You can't. You're not identical."

"But we do." Amy assured him. She stood. She turned her back to him and lifted her pant leg. I did the same. I peeked over my shoulder to watch his reaction. He inspected both strawberry shaped birth marks.

"The midwife failed to mention that both of you had the same mark." Angelov tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair. The sound betrayed his irritation.

Smith stepped forward. "Sir, would you like me to get Mrs. Kovoski on the phone?"

"Yes. Do it quickly. I'll be in the library to take the call in five minutes."

"Yes sir." Smith turned and exited the study.

"Does it really matter?" I asked. "How are you sure we're the right people anyway?"

"Young lady, how many vampire children do you suppose have been adopted into the human world? We have our own agencies to handle adoptions. Your case was unique. Hiding you in our world would have been impossible."

"Yeah, I guess I see you're point. But how do you know we're the only vampires in the human system?"

"Don't test me, Ms. Stone. We have investigated every female child adopted through that agency of your age. To be positive we even investigated the ones a year older and younger then the two of you. None of them showed signs of the transformation but the two of you. Am I understood?" He suddenly stood.

"Yes, sir." I said and swallowed.

"Good. If you will excuse me. I want to find out why I was not informed of this latest bit of news before now." Angelov moved around the chair. I noticed again the way he moved. It was unsettling.

"Would it be okay if we came back tomorrow? I kinda left a note saying I would be home soon." I gave him a sheepish look when he turned back to face me. "Do you think it would even be safe, for my parents, I mean?"

"It would be safe, child. The small amount of blood you were able to tolerate shows you still have time before the transformation is complete. If you feel the need to drink again eat a raw egg. It will curb the craving. But if that becomes necessary come back here immediately."

"Is that likely?" I tried not to cringe at the thought of eating a raw egg. That's just nasty.

"Not for some time. But it is best to keep it in mind."