Chapter 44 An Unexpected Discovery

The summer passed too quickly as summer does, although there were moments that drug on endlessly.

I had thought we would get a break from studying. I was wrong. Our vampire lessons increased. Angelov told our parents he wanted to hire us to catalog and rearrange his libraries. They agreed. 

I quickly learned to hate both Audrey and Wilma, temporarily, at least. I wished for the days I had suffered only with Crow and Marko, it was so much easier.

"Always remember, your enemies won't take it easy on you. The fact you're Royal princesses will most likely be the reason you have enemies." Wilma shook her head. She shook a finger at us mockingly. "And don't mistake, your enemies will not take any chances just because you are female. If they learn you were raised by humans they may underestimate you, but the advantage won't last long if it even appears."

She glanced at Marko. The four adults surrounded us. Amy and I stood back to back.

"You will find yourselves outnumbered." Marko said, he made it sound like a certainty, not a probability.

"Your goal is to escape." Crow ordered. "You don't need to defeat your opponents. Disabling them will suffice."

"Then you run like the hounds of hell are on your heals." Audrey explained.

It was hard to keep track of who would speak next. At most I could keep only two of them in sight at once because they were spread out. Still I shifted my gaze between Audrey and Wilma to Wilma and Crow. I couldn't see Marko at all but I trusted that Amy had him in her sights.

It was Audrey who gave the signal to attack. One second later and I wouldn't have seen it.

Their goal was to subdue Amy and I and tie us up. If they did it our defeat was sealed. Our goal was to make it to the other end of the basement. That signaled our escape.

We failed. We left them a few bruises and Amy managed to break Markos nose. But we still failed.

I expected to be berated for our failure. Amy lay half over me, her hands and feet tied behind her, just as mine were tied behind me. She had lasted longer than I had, only a few minutes but I was still proud of her for it. Marko still held a brown towel to his nose soaking up the blood.

"Can you untie us now?" I asked. "Or are you going to let us sleep here?"

Audrey rolled her eyes. "Over dramatic." She complained, lightly. She did untie us though.

I have never hated a summer so much. This is what I imagine "Boot Camp" to be like.

Angelov gave me a scooter.

I hear you. 'Cool, at least you got transportation.'

Just bite me.

I had to get up at 6:15 AM. Shower, eat, do my chores, be at Angeles at 8 AM.

There was an hour of running. Okay, that part wasn't bad and I enjoyed it.

We had two hours of studying and lecture on the para-world in general. An hour on the royal family and responsibilities.

Then there were two hours of combat and self defense. The lessons had advanced to other forms of self defense. Crav Magra was my favorite. I had brought up the subject and it turned out the Amazon's knew the style. 

Then we went back to lectures and lessons on all things para. The world you think is real... Fake. The one you think is just a bunch of fairy tales, legends and make believe is the one far closer to the truth.