Chapter 42 Butterflies

My body reacted slowly. I gasped in shock. He slid his tongue in my mouth and brushed it over my teeth and tongue. I made a surprised sound of pleasure. His arms tightened around me pulling me closer. My heart thundered under my ribs and I felt heat in my stomach.

The kiss shifted growing hotter. My fangs burst, erupting, almost burning. A sweet taste trickled into my mouth and our tongues swept it around.

I clung to him. My reaction stunned me. I wanted closer. I wanted my fangs inside his skin. I wanted him to bury his fangs in me.

One of his arms loosened and his hands moved down my back. His palm settled on my butt cheek. I pressed closer with a tiny moan.

If he had tilted his head, even a fraction of an inch, I would have bite him. Why- didn't cross my mind. Fear of my desire didn't hold me.

He gripped my but and pulled me closer. I could feel his reaction to the kiss. His desire amplified mine.

With a gasp I shifted and lifted up. I intended to slip my fangs into his skin just over the vein in his neck.

He released me and stepped back. I moaned in protest, reaching out for him.

"Cloves. The smell is cloves." He sounded almost normal and I wondered if maybe he wasn't as affected as I thought. His heart raced but so did mine. The smell of cloves was so thick it almost drowned out the smells of the forest around us. My hand dropped to my side.

I was embarrassed by my reaction. Somehow my reaction to Eric, while horrific and thrilling, felt more normal. Maybe because I felt more human and Eric was human while Crow was not.

"Every emotion has a scent. But most aren't as strong as sexual attraction." He explained.

He was turning this into a lesson? My embarrassment grew. What the hell had I been thinking?

"Even humans are effected by pheromones. Our senses are stronger and we can," he had already started walking and I simply followed, "pick up the individual tones. I'm sure you've noticed everybody smells different from everyone else."

I had noticed. I just didn't think about the reason, pheromones.

He kept talking and I kept following him. After a moment I just listened to his voice. If I concentrated on it instead of the fact that he had kissed me and I had reacted strongly my heart slowed and my embarrassment eased. It also helped if I pretended it didn't happen.

But pretending only worked until he spoke to me about it directly, "I hope you'll keep this between us. But if you prefer I can asked to be reassigned. I shouldn't have kissed you. It was - unprofessional and inappropriate."

Reassigned? I swallowed. I almost asked him why he did it. I remembered I was trying to pretend it didn't happen just in time to keep the words in my mouth.

"Okay." He sounded unsure. "I'll speak to Angelov tomorrow about reassignment."

"No. It - it didn't happen. Nothing happened." There was a small piece of me that hated the idea but another part rejoiced about forgetting the whole thing.

I had kissed Eric and then hours later Crow. I had delighted in both kisses. What did that make me? The kisses were different from each other but both had excited me. Heat flooded my face and spread out over me.

"Alright."

Why did I want him to turn and kiss me again?

By the time I walked in my front door my nerves were on edge. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Clearly something was. You don't react like I did unless something was wrong with you. If some random guy at school kissed me would I be as effected as with Eric and Crow? A lot of dirty little words floated in my head. The least offensive being slut. Yes there were plenty of worse words out there. I was in school; I had heard them. They had never before been directed at me.