Chapter 57 Amor Sanguinem Misce

Chapter 57 Amor Sanguinem Misce *

“This has been coming for weeks, leave them be, Stephanie.” Wilma said. She tried to put a hand on my shoulder but I shifted to the right.

I ignored Wilma's words of assurance.”This is BS. They’ll get hurt.”

"They won't." Crow breathed caressed my ear as he reassured me.

"Crow, we should get her out of here." Wilma said. She moved and I caught a glimpse of Amy and Marco.

His body was pressed over hers as she lay on the floor. Her hand fisted the collar of his shirt. She bucked her body and brought a leg up. My view was blocked again and the others started pushing me from the room.

Even with my training I couldn't have resisted all of them. They were completely immune to my arguments as they herded me from the room.

Crow stopped as if guarding the door. Angelov nodded to him and back to the door. Crow nodded and reentered the basement. He gave me a reassuring nod before closing the door in my face.

Surprisingly it was Angelov who first tried to alleviate my fears. "Your sister will be fine, Ms. Stone. The king and queen remain to supervise. Come, you should drink before you leave."

"I'm not leaving until I talk to Amy." I jerked my arm from Wilma's hand.

Audrey stepped forward. "Come on, Stephanie. All the activities have surely worn away at your strength. Amy will probably join us before you know it."

"Why don't we wait here? Why don't any of you look concerned? That was clearly not a friendly sparring match." I looked back down the hall. Amy wasn't coming out of the basement doors as I wanted. "What if she gets hurt?" I asked feeling vulnerable.

“Oh, for heaven's sake, Marco is her mate.” Audrey groused. “He's not going to hurt her.” She snickered and started walking down the hall. “She may hurt him though.” she murmured softly.

I was too shocked to realize I was doing exactly what she wanted. I was following her. “What do you mean mate?” I demanded. She didn't slow her pace so I speed up. “Audrey, damn it, answer me.” Her expression gave nothing away and all I felt coming from her emotions was calm.

Behind me Angelov felt amused. I glared over my shoulder at him. We where now on the main floor. I grabbed Audrey's wrist. She shook me off. “Audrey!”

She pushed open the kitchen door and walked straight to the fridge used to store blood. “Drink.” She tossed me a bag. I caught it on reflex.

“What the hell is going on?” I demanded yet again.

“Amy found out weeks ago that Marco and Kyle are her mates. Two mates, sometimes happens with twins. But she chose Kyle. Marco has stood back and he's asked for reassignment. She wasn't happy when she found out this morning.” Audrey explained.

I can't even imagine the look on my face. Amy hadn't said anything to me. A little voice in my head called me a hypocrite because I had a few secrets of my own.

“Drink.” Wilma ordered.

I shook my head but with a growl of irritation I brought the bag to my lips. I wanted to know more. How did she know they were her mates? Why did she have two? Wouldn't that be complicated? The bag punctured easily under my fangs. The first draw of blood from the bag caused my tongue and fangs to tingle. I quickly swallowed. My eyes widened.

“Interesting isn't it?” Audrey quipped.She grinned in amusement.

I sucked at the bag drawing more blood to my mouth. I'm ashamed to  admit I had forgotten Amy at that point. The tingle had spread down my throat and into my chest. Unlike the tingle I had felt while transitioning this was bliss. It was a pleasure I had no comparison for in my life.