Chapter 19 Nightmares are Real

For the next few minutes the room filled with noise. Eric and Kyle being the most vocal denied that it were possible.

"You are out of your mind." some one said softly.

"Steph's parents are one hundred percent human. I met them, just now. They are human you, blood sucker." Kyle yelled at Angelov.

"You're wrong." Eric's voice sounded on the edge of desperation.

"I've known Amy for years." Kyle looked at Amy who seemed to have shrunk into her self. Her body was pressed into the seat as if she wanted it to absorb her.

"It can't be true." Amy whispered under her breath. She shook her head the movements small and unsure. I heard her over the noise of the others, how, not possible, but true.

"You gave them something, something to make them sick. I'll find out what was in that tea old man, mark my words." Eric stood his body tense and ready to spring.

"What have you done, vampire?" Kyle looked at his brother but his words were directed at Angelov. He looked at Angelov, accusingly. "What did you give them. If you don't tell us now, I'll kill you myself!" He stalked across the room. He reached down and grabbed my arm then Amy's.

We where on our feet and Angelov and Smith hadn't even bothered to move.

"And you, you're a caster, you can't honestly be on his side!" Eric hadn't finished throwing charges. He glared at Smith with a hatred that I never would have attributed to him. He stood behind his brother pushing him forward. As Kyle moved it forced Amy and I to do the same.

"Alexander." The unmistakable command in Angelov's voice made me shiver. Smith moved to stand in front of the door.

"You will not be leaving here just yet."

We all turned to face Angelov. He had stood up and faced our direction with out a sound. One word sang through my mind. Vampire.

Vampires were cold blooded monsters cursed to drink blood and live in the shadows. He admitted to being a vampire. This was wrong, all of it- wrong. I had to be dreaming. This was some kind of nightmare. This couldn't be real.

"Really? Try and stop us." Eric grabbed my arm pushed me towards the door. Kyle held on to Amy, following.

"Mr. Walkers, I truly have no desire to harm you but if you insist on removing the princesses from this room I will kill you without hesitation." He now stood between us and the door. I hadn't seen him move, hadn't heard him.

Dreaming, I reminded myself. I'll wake up.

Eric narrowed his eyes, pulled me behind him and I let him. "Try it." he told Angelov with confidence. He had taken a fighters stance in front of me. Kyle slipped passed me shoving Amy into my arms.

"You can't have them." Kyle matched his brothers stance. I could hear their hearts pounding in their chest. The scent of pepper drifted from there skin.

"I find it admirable that you want to protect them, but they are in no danger here." Angelov began but Eric clearly didn't want to listen.

"Says you," Eric retaliated. "I don't trust you. They can't be what you say."

"This is your last warning, boys, move aside."

Their backs tensed as they prepared for the coming attack. They really expected to take on a vampire? They were going to die. I couldn't allow it to happen. Even if this was a nightmare I had to stop this. I read once that dreams are your minds way of processing information. But for the life of me I couldn't figure out what this dream meant.