c a t o r c e

3 days earlier...

**Jimin's POV**

JJKook: Jimin...
Can we talk?

My phone lits up from the Instagram message at 10:00pm? What is he doing...

Jiminion: ...About?

JJKook: I found
out your insta
through my sis
since I didn't get
your number
before... But, can
you meet me right
now?

Jiminion: I guess?
Where?

JJKook: Meet me at
my house.

Jiminion: Ok...

JJKook: Thank you.
So much.

My heart beats too fast at the message. He wants to talk with me? The real me? My legs feel weak as they slip out of bed and onto the carpet floor. What do I wear? Just whatever... it's not that important... When I'm changed, I head out the door, thoughts buzzing in my head.

"Jimin." His voice sounds hoarse, his arms pulling me in for an embrace.

"Jungkook?" His fingers grip my hips, nose snuggled into the crook of my neck. "What-"

"Come upstairs with me." Locking the front door behind us, we tiptoe up the stairs, making sure no one woke up. Finally, we enter his bedroom, the darkness enveloping us. Jungkook paces the floor before lying on his bed, a loud sigh emitting as soon as he lands. "Jimin, how do you get someone to like you?"

My memories trace back to when I first met Jin, how pretty she was and it made me smile at all of the memories since then. But for some reason, those memories don't feel the same, they don't make my heart flutter or beat faster at the thought of her and I. Do I not like her anymore? I groan in annoyance, surprising Jungkook and leap onto the bed next to him. Then what am I doing this all for?

"Is it that bad?" Jungkook chuckles, clearly amused at my response.

"Well, I guess I'm not into anyone right now..." He rolls onto his side, facing me, expressing his utter confusion.

"I thought... you and my sister..." I shake my head, still staring at the shadows of the trees stretched out on his ceiling.

"I don't think... I like her anymore. I'm tired of running after her, tending to her every need so she could spare me a glance. She's always looked to other guys, calling them sexy gods while I'm a 'cute little baby'."

He bursts out laughing but quickly covers his mouth, afraid they'll hear. "But you are a cute little baby." His lips twitch into a smirk, threatening to transform into laughter when I hit his arm.

"I am not!" I was sure I was blushing right now, heat rising to my cheeks.

"Fine... Just cute?" His scoots in, leaving us inches apart as he combs through my bangs with his fingers while twirling my hair. I bite my lip, feeling my heartbeat pounding in my ears.

"Shut up." How could I feel this way? "H-how come you didn't ask your other friends to come over?" My question comes out soft, fear rises in my throat, thinking he might close up at the question or that he would make me repeat it.

His hand drops, sighing as he flops over on his back again. "Taehyung is busy right now, with a teacher of all people! He really has no boundaries, this kid..." I lie down next to him, relieving my elbow. We watch the shadows dance in the moonlight before speaking again. "My other friends are either too lazy to come here, or they're pigs. So I texted you... is that ok?"

It's amazing. "Yeah, that's fine." Jungkook continues enjoying the shadows on the ceiling but I turn my head, preferring the moonlight reflecting off of his skin, completely masmerized. "Is it about... my sister?" I wanted to choose my words carefully, considering last time, he shunned me for no reason.

When Jimin looks at Jungkook, I cry

He nods. "I think I might have fallen for her if she had just... given me the chance." The sadness in his voice stands out, my hand automatically links with his. He hesitates but let's it happen.

"I'm sorry about that Jungkook, really I am. I wish... I could help but..." He stays frozen, tears rolling down his cheek. I wrap my other arm around his waist, my face snuggling into his neck to sympathize with him. "I'm so sorry." Tears appear in my eyes and he notices, freaking out and rubbing them away.

"Hey, it's not like it's your fault... don't say sorry or feel bad about it. Ok?" His thumb rests on my cheek, brushing the tears away as fast as they fall.

"I guess." I look away, ashamed to meet his comforting gaze.

"Wow, we're really bad with women aren't we?" We laugh, Jungkook more than I. I just feel really uncomfortable with that statement. "But at least we have each other, my brother."

I'm sorry

I'm sorry.