v e i n t i d o s

**Hoseok's POV**

"When will you admit you like Jungkook? I can see the way you act around each other." Jimin blushes, punching my arm.

"Shut up! We're friends." He crosses his arms, his dance bag falling down to his elbow. We walk in the night breeze, heading home exhausted and tired.

"Yeah right." He looks down, trying to hide his smile and I knew he was far gone. "But... you should know he's a blind idiot so just hold out." He laughs, his hand automatically covering his smile.

"Ok ok, I got it." We stop in front of my house, the breeze forcing me to rush inside.

"Bye Jimin! See you tomorrow!" I look behind me to see Jimin waving so I wave back.

"Bye!" He continues walking home, head snuggled into his scarf. What a cute kid. I smile, pulling my chin into my jacket as I unlock the front door. Inside was pitch black so I reach for the light switch but someone grabs my hand, pulling me upstairs.

"Wait!" I trip a bunch of times, ashamed I don't know what my own house is like. We reach the top, still not being able to see anything that it makes me wonder how the intruder could manuver so well. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" I hear shuffling and plastic being manipulated. Then the light gets switched on and I take a minute to adjust to my surroundings. The red haired boy in front of me is smiling wide, holding night vision goggles in his left hand.

"Hoseok-ah, why didn't you get home sooner? I've been waiting all day." He jumps on my fully made bed, night goggles placed on the bedside table.

I would have felt happy that Taehyung surprised me if it weren't for the fact that he broke into my house and said he 'didn't want anything to do with me' the last time we met up. "What the fuck Taehyung?" I throw my bags to the other side of the room, marching up to him. "How could you just barge into my ho-"

"Wait." Taehyung holds his hands in the air as a sign of defense, standing up. "I know you're mad but-"

"Mad? I am beyond mad! I'm furious! Who the fuck breaks into someone else's home, scaring them half to death-"

"Hoseok, please." His eyes turn watery, my screams scaring him. "I wanted to talk with you." I sigh, my thumb and pointer finger massaging my forehead.

"Fine. Talk."

"W-Who were you with today? You don't usually get home late."

What? "You have no right to ask that Taehyung."

He glares, grinding his teeth. "Was it Jimin." His question came out as more of a statement, deep enough to send chills down my spine.

"So what if it was?"

He balls up his fists, pacing. "Jimin? You're not fucking him are you?"

I scoff. "Why should that matter? You were flirting with him the other day so you didn't find anything wrong with him then."

The color drains from his face. "T-that's beside the point."

"Taehyung, you can't tell me you seriously think you have any say over me. We aren't together nor were we ever. If you don't have anything left to say, you should go." I point towards the door and he sighs.

"Jimin is hiding something Hoseok, I know it." I freeze, biting my bottom lip. He couldn't know... Could he? My mouth dries up but I try to swallow anyways.

"What do you mean?" I choose my words carefully. Maybe he doesn't know.

"I..." He glances outside to the soft streetlight glow. "I don't know... But I have a feeling." He sits on the edge of the bed, grabbing the goggles again, playing with his fingertips. "You believe me, don't you Hoseok?" He was on the verge of tears, of what I don't know.

The more I look, the more I find that he looks lost, eyes searching for confirmation, an anchor that he hasn't seen before. Maybe that's what I found so intriguing about him in the first place, the feeling of being needed. Being wanted. And maybe it was that same reason that I walked over to sit down next to him, my arm finding it's place over his shoulders. Maybe that same reason was why I wanted to forget how he made me feel like shit after playing with my heart, getting what he wanted: endless nights with me. So why is he here now?

He looks up at my eyes, tears sprinkling his cheeks. I wipe them away with my thumb, pulling his face in to rest on my shoulder. "How do I know I can believe in you?" My question comes out as a whisper, surprising even me. I sounded more vulnerable than I meant to, but maybe that's the type of thing that shouldn't be hidden. Maybe I should tell him how I feel towards him.

How I feel trapped in my feelings, caring for someone who beats on my heart, saying sweet things to me only to turn around and say similar intriguing comments to someone else. How could I be so foolish in letting my heart go unguarded around him? What is it about him that makes me go crazy, that makes me throw reason out the door?

"Hoseok, I-" He pauses, snuggling into the crook of my neck even further. "It might not mean much to you but... I missed you." There he goes again, sweet words that are as empty as I feel without him. "I know you don't believe me but I did. I had to see you." His arms snake around my waist, his breath softly kissing my collarbones. "I know I have no right but, please let me try to change." My tears spring out, threatening to moisten the top of his head. This can't be real. "I want you to believe in me."

The words that speared my heart also tried to repair it, confusion and doubt tinting my thoughts and memories. How should I respond?

 How should I respond?

I FUCKING LOVE MY MAN CHOI YOUNGJAE. I SAW HIM AND TOOK SO MANY VIDEOS EVEN THOUGH I WASNT CLOSE WHATSOEVER.

I'M SHOOK IN MY BOOTS.

I FEEL SO ELATED AND NUMB, HE IS SUCH A GOD.

ALSO, this side ship of Hoseok and Taehyung... I relate too much that I had difficulty writting. I happen to be in this situation right now and I don't know how to get out. We aren't even dating or that close but he plays with my heart too much I feel like I'm breaking. What a shithead.