c u a r e n t a i c u a t r o

**Jimin's POV**

"Thanks for driving me to the school. I just... don't want to be alone."

Jungkook locks the car, walking beside me to the school. "Of course!" He grins, taking my empty box away from me."I've got bad news for you though, you're not going to be alone anymore, day or night."

I chuckle at his cuteness, opening the front door for him. "That's not bad news!"

"Yes it is." He says all matter-of-factly. "You won't be able to sleep, eat or even bathe without me there! You'll get sick of me soon. I promise." I shove him to the side, blushing from ear to ear.

"Maybe I'm already tired of you."

He fakes being hurt, clutching his heart. "See, I told you." We laugh together, soon reaching my locker.

The hallways were quiet, it being a Saturday and all. Quickly, I spin the lock, using my combination. I feel bittersweet about leaving this place. But I know Hoseok will do everything in his power to get me into the boy's academy. "Let's get my stuff and go. I don't wanna be here long." Jungkook may have noticed my mood change but he stays quiet while I empty out my belongings into the box he's holding.

"Jimin?" I close the locker, turning around to the owner of the voice.

"M-Mr. Choi..." I bow as low as I can before him. He was one of the best teachers that I ever had, helping me realize that I love singing almost as much as I love dancing. "How are you tod-"

"Cut the crap." I gulp, standing back up. I have never heard Mr. Choi speak like that before. His expression was unreadable, his arms folded over his chest. "Did you really think you could get away with it?"

Speechless, my mouth drops, Jungkook steps up but I stop him with my arm. "S-Stop Jungkook." I whisper. He steps back, looking away.

"Is this your boyfriend?" His eyes travel up and down Jungkook's figure before an approving nod. "Cute." Mr. Choi walks closer, poker face apparent. "How could you..." He states, a smile widening on his lips. "... leave without saying goodbye? I'm going to miss you so much!" He yells, pulling me in for a hug.

"Mr. Choi-"

"Youngjae. Call me Youngjae now since I am no longer your teacher. We are friends aren't we?"

I nod, pulling away. "Of course M- Youngjae." Even though the name felt weird leaving my mouth, I tested it out again. "We will always be friends. So... Youngjae, when will we hang out?"

We walk further down the hallway, unaware that a certain fuming boyfriend was behind us. "Anyday! Here's my number." He takes my phone from my hand and saves his contract. He happily types it in, a certain ring shinning on his finger. But I choose not to say anything. If he wanted to tell me he would, right? Then he checks his watch, gasping. "I gotta go! I'm sorry Jimin. See you later!"

We watch him run away, our expressions drastically contrasted. "Isn't he great Jungkook-ah?" I felt too happy. I thought he would be upset about my lies but he wasn't spiteful at all.

"Amazing."

I frowned at my boyfriend's tone. "Do you not like him?" His face softens before he bumps me a little to the side.

"Yeah I like him... but don't hang out with him. You're mine now."

I scoff at his dominance. "Haha. I'm not some object Kookie, I can hang out with whoever I want." He stands there, visibly emotionless before he takes out his phone and types something. My phone buzzes in my back pocket, scaring me.

Just don't hang out with him... please.

"Jungkook! Did you really have to te-" He was serious even though he was being too funny about it. "Fine, we won't hang out alone if that's what you want. We'll go on double dates with him and his... boyfriend!" His face scrunches up to the idea, clearly against it.

"Uh... maybe..." All I had to do today was get my stuff and meet with Principal Kim today.

"Let's put the stuff in the car." Once everything was put away, I sighed. "I need to talk with the principal today... wait here Jungkook."

"But Jimin-"

"Just wait." I don't care how many times he protests, he still has to wait in the car.

"Fine." The cold outside signalled that winter was coming soon, Christmas was right around the corner. "Shut the door! You're letting in the outside air!" I shake my head, chuckling as he turns on the heat and rubs his arms to get warmer.

"Bye." On my way to the school again, I pace myself, breathing in and out. What if Principal Kim ends up being really mad? What if I'm not even allowed to go to school with Jungkook and Taehyung? The school hallways had noticeably different temperatures, my breath no longer visible to the brisk air. I knew my way to his office even though I had never been. I didn't want to cause any problems that could have kicked me out prematurely.

The silence was almost unbearable as I stood in front of his door, the glass plating shining in the artificial school lighting. My hand hovers over the heavy wooden door, my courage deflating. But I have to finish this. Don't be a coward Jimin. I knock as loud as I could, hurting myself on the door before realizing how rude that could have sounded. "Come in."

I gulp, struggling to pull open the oak door, the weight confuses me but I didn't want to seem like wimp so I pulled the handle with all my might until there was space enough for me to slip in. I bow 98°, wanting to show the upmost respect for him. "Hi Principal Kim, nice to formally meet you." He doesn't see my smile as I am still bent over but he does sigh, stopping whatever he was writting on.

His deep, raspy voice booms through the large, empty room. "Alright Jimin, let's talk."

I was thinking of ending the book at 49...