c u a r e n t a i d o s

**Jimin's POV**

"I was thinking..." Taehyung scraps up the last of his ice cream, scooting in to the warmth that is Hoseok. "Let's go to the Christmas lights in the park." Tae looks up at Hobi, nudging his nose with his. "Even though it's nowhere near, they've already got them up. I think they're pretty." He smiles, licking up the spoon. Hoseok watches intently while blushing. "What do you think?"

Even though I hate third wheeling, I need a distraction. Ever since I saw Jungkook yesterday, I can't take my mind off of him. If I didn't keep up the crude appearance I knew I would have cried. I don't wanna cry in front of him anymore. "It's a great idea." I try my best to smile but I know they know it's forced.

"I would love to baby." Hoseok kisses Tae's cheek, squeezing him with a hug.

"I can't breath!" He tries to wiggle out but has to tickle Hobi to loosen him up.

"Hahaha! Stop tickling me!" They get their arms and legs tangled up, almost falling off the couch. "We need to get ready! Stop!"

Tae huffs, untangling himself and gets his shoes on. "Alright alright." Hoseok smiles at his boyfriend, watching him tie the shoelaces. I watch it all unfold, wishing I had something like that. But I won't. I'm not worth being around. I'm not worth loving.

"Ready Jimin?" I get pulled out of my thoughts, nodding before walking to the door. "But... your shoes?"

I look down to see I'm not wearing any and I slip them on. Tae and Hobi look at me worriedly, holding each other's hand. "I'm fine. I just... forgot." They don't push anything, finding the keys and their wallets before heading out the door. It's even colder than yesterday. The couple before me walked to the car, swinging their conjoined arms and laughing about random things before sitting in the front seats. I wish I could be that happy.

The ride wasn't long, the line to the park was pretty short as well but the cold. Holy shit it was freezing and I didn't think that I should have brought my gloves. Well I'm regretting that stupid fucking decision.

The lights that adorned the trees lit up the pathway, making it easier to see. Taehyung was walking next to me while Hoseok called someone. Said it was 'important business'. What a kid. "Isn't it so pretty here?" He giggles with glee, pulling out his phone. "Let's take a picture!" We smush our cheeks together, smiling as wide as we could. He snaps it and saves it for later. "We look cute." He hums, finding a social platform to post it on.

"Hey guys I'm back!" His cheeks and nose were slightly red, the color in his face adding to the appeal.

"Look Hobi!" Taehyung shows him the picture we took and smiles back, kissing his forehead. "Don't the lights look so nice behind us?" It was as if each word he said went in one ear and out the other. He stared at him with the most loving eyes and when Tae didn't hear an answer, he looked up to meet his gaze, blushing at the proximity.

"Nothing's more beautiful than you." His words were soaked with enough sincerity to warm my heart, I couldn't imagine how Tae must be fee-

"Stop being so cheesy!" He slapped his arm, and pushed away joining me. "Come on Jimin, I have something to tell you. In secret." Tae looks behind his shoulder when he says that, causing Hoseok to laugh.

"Ok ok, I can take a hint. I'll be back here." He waves, smirking while walking slower.

"What's up Tae?" We walk on the bright path, side by side, his arm resting on my shoulders.

"Hobi and I are going on a trip soon so you will be alone for a week." I could tell he was sad for leaving me but also trying to hold back the excitement of his first trip with Hoseok. "But you don't have to be alone." My eyebrow raises, not really sure what he means. "You and Jungkook should talk-" I pull his arm off of my shoulder, walking away from him. "Hear me out!"

He runs to catch up to me, holding onto my sleeve. "Taehyung he thinks I'm lower than dirt, he doesn't want to talk with me. I don't need to be rejected again." I'm trying not to cry, I came here to forget about him for a little bit and now he's bringing it up?

"But what if he agreed to meet with you somewhere? To talk? Or at least understand each other..." He bites his lip, struggling to keep up my pace. It was no longer about seeing the lights, I just had to get out of here as soon as possible. I hate crying in public.

"He hates everything about me! Don't you understand?"

Taehyung shakes his head, pulling on my sleeve to stop the speed chase. "He doesn't. I promise." I wanted to believe it, but I can't forget the past. "He was just mad... Talk with him at least?" We stand still, amongst the the couples and friend groups talking pictures in front of the trees decorated with red lights. Of course I want to talk with him. I want to do so many things other than talk. I want to smile, laugh, hug, watch movies, kiss, fuck, everything! But I... he doesn't feel the same.

My head hangs low, my hands reach up to warm my arms. "Even if I wanted to, he would never-"

"Jimin." The husky voice called me from afar. My eyes widen before I even turned around. I knew who it was, knew what he came for but it can't be happening. It can't be real.

"Go talk with him." Taehyung whispers in my ear, pushing me towards him.

"J-Jungkook."

YAY! I'M UPDATING A LOT!