c i n c u e n t a i n u e v e

**Author's POV**

It is an important day for all of them. A time to be remembered as the moment they are pushed out of their family's nest. A time where all of them are presented to the world as graduates. Yes, it is the day of Graduation and excitement filled their bodies. They are scared, nervous and probably about to shit their pants as they stand in front of the building. Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok stand, holding their boyfriend's hand, mouth open in shock. "We did it." Jimin whispers.

The plan was to take plenty of pictures beforehand, dressed in their gowns and later find the line of last names they belong to. However, as life shows there is nothing that entirely goes to plan. Taehyung had forgotten to take out his gown to hang the night before so it had giant creases on it. Hoseok had to look online and find out what the best possible solution could be and found just enough time to fix it for him despite the constant complaints and whines in his ear. Jimin had an unfortunate situation of bad hair which resulted in an extra hour in the bathroom of straightening, spraying and straightening his hair. Jungkook had to coax his boyfriend, saying he looked wonderful already but Jimin didn't believe him.

That led to the four of them barely on time for the ceremony yet they took a moment to stop and stare at the marvelous architecture they were about to graduate in. Taehyung had asked earlier if it was against the rules to bring Hoseok as his +1 since technically, he wasn't allowed at the school. "Of course he could come", they said, "if he stays near the back". Unfortunate, yes. Stupid, yes. Did they care? No. Today is supposed to be a day full of smiles and congratulations. So no, they are not going to let that stop them.

Their parents had left earlier and were already seated inside since they were told that the four of them would get ready at Hoseok's apartment together. And yes, they looked good. Jungkook dressed in his tight fit suit and tie, Jimin wearing a white T, black jeans and blazer to make it look formal. They both looked stunning, so much that it was hard to keep their hands off of each other.

Meanwhile, Taehyung and Hoseok are more civil about their attraction but it is still too much to bear. Taehyung could feel the glances he is getting as they enter the hall, glad that all that effort was worth it. He decided on a polka dotted shirt with a striped blazer. The entire ensemble was black but he doesn't care how hot the day will get, he looks good. Hoseok knows that the students he passes are giving him surprised looks as he never dressed like this. His formal attire includes stripes to match with his boyfriend and his boots spoke volumes about his outgoing character. "I can't believe you actually wore those."

"They go with the outfit! Plus, I like them so you have to deal with it." He sticks his tounge out, not caring how unprofessional he looks. Taehyung notices his fellow classmates drooling over his date and rolls his eyes.

"Whatever Hobi we have to find our line now, go find a seat." He does as he's told, entering the stadium-like hall, filled with parents and family ready to see their children graduate. Looking around, he saw the teachers sitting in rows on the sides while the empty chairs in the middle caused him to stop and think.

He thinks about how he wished he was down there with them, cracking jokes to the rest of the English department. He wishes he could have been up there on stage to shake his friend's hands after they received the diploma. It was his year to be up there, everyone said so. They only have the more experienced and favorited teachers and he finally had the chance to do it. He wishes he could look for Taehyung's parents in the crowd without anxiety in his heart and for them to actually smile or wave back. But no. This year he doesn't sit as a teacher at his own school's graduation. He sits as a guest to the best person he has ever met in his life.

Kim Taehyung.

He doesn't know when he started to fall for the mischievous youngster or when their relationship became more important than other aspects of their lives. He only knows that no matter what, he won't let him go. Ever. So it's okay that he misses this year's ceremony. It's fine that he gets to leave hand in hand with Tae and go eat at an expensive place instead of staying after with the rest of the teachers to take down decorations. He wants this life with him so badly that when the students start filing in, he screams at the top of his lungs. "KIM TAEHYUNG!" The red head turns to look, gushing with pride and embarrassment before he ducks his head and takes a seat. It turns out Jungkook was already seated and he turns, slightly annoyed that Hoseok didn't call his name.

But now it doesn't matter when Jungkook sees Jimin's line start to pile in, the orchestra music starts to fade, only one thing in his mind. The elder almost trips on the bottom of his gown, the size of it only found out the day of. It was too big but they had no time to replace it and besides, Jungkook found it cute. He realizes how long he's been staring when the teacher taps him on the shoulder, pointing forwards. He now focuses on the three students up there, only one he recognizes.

Park Jinyoung.

Who knew he would be valedictorian? Actually, he's not surprised. He remembers how much Mark complained how they didn't spend any time together because of how much Jinyoung studied. They almost stopped talking with each other if it wasn't for Jinyoung's confession. They are so cute, even now when the last of the students are filing in, Jinyoung waves to him, watching him sit down.

Jungkook hears the music die down, the principal now rising to speak. He spoke about the years he's spent at the academy and how much he will miss this year. He continues with tears in his eyes and heartfelt congratulations on his lips. It was Jinyoung's turn to speak, his commencement speech with more laughter as well as serious moments. It wasn't until the end when he looked directly to the back of the crowd and started talking about the amazing people he has met here. He got so choked up at one point, he almost didn't finish saying how much he'll miss everyone. It took everything in Jungkook's power not to look back at Jimin. Oh how he wanted to. It just so happens that Jinyoung's speech is definitely about Mark and the brunette turned crimson from hearing it. Jinyoung will definitely get hit later.

Eventually the lines started filing to get their diplomas, no one tripping which was great but there were many names mispronounced. Some were too hilarious to hold back laughter but what could you expect when the name caller wasn't even from here?

The orchestra blared in their ears, lights shinning on the stage causing something to stir in their chest. Were they going to miss the school? Well, other than their friends there wasn't much to miss. But they will cherish their memories made in the years at the academy. They will cherish the friendships, the bonds and relationships that they can't live without. With tears of joy and sadness they march to the front, awaiting their certificate that represents the end of their childhood and the end of a chapter in their life. For now they begin anew, hesitantly stumbling through the long awaited adulthood they couldn't wait to reach. Now that it is finally here, most of them want to turn back, to relive their favorite moments no matter how impossible it may seem. For one brief moment they are stuck in the uncertainty of the in-between, unaware of where fate will take them.

For Jungkook, he knows that as long as Jimin is there, it's going to be an amazing future. One full of smiles, hardships, hugs, memories under the moonlight with the slow kisses he so deeply enjoys. His cheeks begin to hurt from smiling so hard but he can't help it. Looking at the small figure on stage almost dropping his cap, made him the happiest man alive. He even giggled like an idiot when Jimin bowed in embarrassment, apologizing before receiving his diploma. When he got off and started walking around the crowd, he couldn't help but shout, "PARK JIMIN!" To which the older quickly found and glared at him. "I LOVE YOU!" His face instantly relaxed, now even more embarrassed than before.

"I'm gonna kill you Jungkook." He mutters, bonking his head when he was near enough. "Just you wait and see."

There is one more chapter left. *gasp*

Y'all still reading this??? Even though I'm slow at updating???

Sorry 🙈 I just want this ending to be good. I want it to tie everything together but like, elude to it instead of outright saying it. You know?

I've had fun with this book and I hope you all did too. Have a nice day lovelies! (Also it's like, 3am here. Ugh.) 💕💕💕