c u a r e n t a i o c h o

**Hoseok's POV**

"I'll just get to the point and say there have been some rumors of a relationship between you and a student that attends our school." Gulp. "I need to be on the same page as you so be honest, are you in a romantic relationship with our student Kim Taehyung?"

Dry.

My lungs felt like each breath I took wasn't nearly enough for comfort. As if a giant hand I knew was coming, reached out and grabbed me by the throat, it squeezed tighter until my eyes popped out and then loosened just enough to keep me alive. "K-Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes. The parents of said student have filed a report saying that you are taking advantage of him and kidnapped him for a week. So the question is simple, are you or are you not in a romantic relationship with Kim Taehyung?"

"I-I am sir." My head lowers in embarrassment, the weight of all my thoughts sink my head deeper.

"Hmm." His eyebrow raises, no other word escapes his lips as he scoots out his chair and struts over to sit on the edge of the desk. His arms cross over his broad chest, the menacing glare making me feel smaller than I already felt. "Break up with him." My gaze shoots up to meet his. "Or you won't have a job at our academy anymore."

"P-Principal Sejin..." No! It can't end like this! "Please sir! There's gotta be another way, I'm sorry for my foolish actions-"

"Are you? Have you even stopped to think about how this would turn out? Maybe thought about how it would affect other people than the ones in the relationship? You will not only receive criminal charges against you for interfering with a minor but you also lower the standards of the establishment I have built. If word goes around, no one will want to bring their children here and we lose buisness. Scouts for the variety of sports we have here won't visit for eligible players because of the lack of students and now..." He pauses, the tone in his voice escalates. "The students who want to have a future in sports don't even get the opportunity to try out." Another pause given to let his words sink in. My face heats up at his accusation, the vicious cycle that affects the present and future students more than it could ever affect me. All my life I have dedicated to helping further children's education. If I'm the reason they won't have a future... "So? Was it worth it? Is your relationship that important that it crushes everyone else's future?"

"I-" My thumbs push up against each other, playing a mindless game while he lectured me. I didn't realize the warm droplets that fell onto the matched opponents until there were enough to wet my entire hand.

"If you break up with him, the parents might let this go away peacefully without letting it become a scandal." My mind was spinning with thoughts of what to do or how to act. "Tell me your decision Mr. Jung. Your job or Kim Taehyung?"

**Taehyung's POV**

School took it's time to end, the constant mockery throughout my classes made it almost unbearable. But I had to. For Hoseok. The last bell rang, powering me to speed through the corridors and into Hobi's classroom. "Hoseok I-" Half of the class was still packing up, everyone else left. A substitute was in Hoseok's desk, looking me up and down for the interruption even though class was over. "Where's Mr. Jung?"

Her small eyes squint to the point where her eyesight became questionable at best. "He had to leave early since he had some buisness to take care of." She stands up, shuffling papers and packing her things. Bag in hand she walks past me, shoving my shoulder. "Excuse me." Her eyes stay forward, not even a second glance was given when she left the classroom. Why does everyone hate me?