c i n c u e n t a i c u a t r o

BTS WON. HOLY FUCK I'M SO PROUD WOW!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

**Author's POV**

It hadn't been long before the guilt ate him up inside, nerves racing, twitching, swallowing him whole.

Taehyung said he would tell him today.

The small boy paces around the living room, mumbling various versions of his apology. "I'm sorry Jungkook, I wasn't thinking when I told a friend- no acquaintance- no... a stranger about you friend's relationship." He slips his hand through his hair as his nervous habit appears, teeth chomping down on perfectly trimmed nails. "It's all my fault that they got ratted out- no, that makes their relationship seem dirty..." He just couldn't find the right words.

Every tick of the clock pounded in his ear, knowing that at any moment, Jungkook would burst through that door with full knowledge of the events that transpired. He just needed something to take off the edge...

His eyes cautiously wandered over to the cabinet of sinful liquids. Maybe if I just... a little bit of- "Jimin?"

Knock knock!

"Open up!" The banging pulled him out of his trance, hurrying over to wooden barrier only to hesitate in front of it. "Jimin!" His heart pounded in his chest, shaky hands trembled on the locks. At the last click, the knocking stopped, silence falls. Neither open up, not wanting to start this. "Jimin..." The door creaks, a large hand slipping through, body following with it. Another click behind the taller ended the previous one-sided conversation.

"Jungkook, I-" His hands tug on his hair, pulling so hard that soft brown locks fall out. "I didn't know what I was doing, I-I just wanted to help him out-" Jungkook felt his heart break at the quivering apology. He knew if he turned around, the shorter would see his tears. He knew if he even spoke, Jimin would know how close he is to breaking out into a sob. He just wanted to grab him and cry in his arms forever.

But that's hard to do when the one you love is the reason for your heartbreak.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook. I'll get Yugyeom to clear everything up, he already told me that he will back off-"

"Shut up." The air tightened around them, his voice surprisingly holding strong despite his feelings. Oh how he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs, questioning why it was ever his secret to tell, why-out of all people-it had to be him that caused this mess for his best friend, his childhood friend.

But he couldn't. He couldn't do that to Jimin. He couldn't ruin something that had already been difficult to have because he was scared of losing him again. Did that make him a horrible friend? Choosing to avoid a fight with his boyfriend for his friend's sake?

"Why didn't you tell me yourself." He had to be careful with his words, keeping his voice at a low volume. Jimin couldn't control his nerves, antsy for Jungkook to explode or do anything except for standing at the door, back facing him.

"Taehyung wanted to tell you, I didn't want him to but-"

"This happened days ago and I find out now? Why? What did you think would happen if I found out?" Jungkook was itching to know if Jimin had the same fears. If he really thought Jungkook was even worth keeping. Obviously not if he decides to lie to him all the time despite him trying to be more accepting of-

"Because I was scared. I still am." He chuckles, turning around to see equally foggy brown eyes looking back.

"Did you... think I would hurt you?"

"What? No! I- I love you Jungkook, you are the most important thing in my life, I couldn't bear to lose you." He doesn't know where all this self control comes from because it is taking a lot not to hug Jimin right now.

He wants to be mad. He wants to make Jimin feel as hurt and betrayed as he feels but he knows where that road went last time. But just looking at the clear droplets escape his eyelids and trickle down the rosy cheeks... how could he stay mad? His sniffle was the last straw as he walks up to the shorter, cheek in hand, lips crashing.

A sigh of relief escaped Jimin's lips and no matter how quiet it was, Jungkook heard it. His thumbs rubbed the smaller's tears away, pulling him in closer to deepen the kiss. Small hands wrapped around the taller's waist, smoothing circles over the thin clothing.

My book is shit.

I'm sorry for the short chapter and lack of plot...