3.

Weeks later. . .

Omniscient

"This is bogus as hell" Chance glared at Pharoah who was all cozied up with Elisa. "RoRo, you ain't shit. Fake ass nigga"

Kensli stood in front of Chance, drinking apple juice from a sippy cup.

Nadir sat in the chair closest to the corner, eating kettle corn flavored popcorn.

"Hit the splits, Kens"

Kensli sat her sippy cup down, and started to dance to the best of her ability.

She even got in formation to do a cartwheel, but it was too advanced.

Kensli walked up to her aunt, and outstretched her hand, wanting a partner.

Nadir smiled before shaking her head no.

"You know, you don't ever talk when my nigga around" Chance stated.

Nadir scowled at the fact that her brother had just stated it out in the open.

"I don't-"

"Maybe I ain't worthy enough to hear her voice. It's cool, I don't care" Ro cut her off.

Yet, his name was Pharoah.

"Not even that. It's-"

"You ain't even gotta lie. It ain't a requirement that you speak to me" He shrugged.

"You cutting her off before she gets the chance to finish her sentence" Elisa said.

"Y'all gone stop saying my name. Say opportunity or something. Google some synonyms" Chancelor said.

Chance and Nadir's mother walked past the living room, only to pause and take a few steps back.

"Hey, mama" Chance said.

Kensli waved at her grandmother, and turned around to focus on the tv.

"I just got off the phone with your mother, Elisa. Does she know that you're hanging around, cuddled up with a boyfriend?"

"A boyfriend?" Pharoah sucked his teeth. "Where's the respect? Do I need to call your mother?"

"Goodbye Pharoah" She walked off. "Nadir, did you take the chicken out the freezer?"

"Huh?" Nadir's eyes widened, suddenly remembering her assigned task.

Nadir left her bowl on the couch, and stood up going to the kitchen.

When she got to the kitchen, the bag was already in a bowl of cold water, defrosted.

"I texted Chancelor and told him to take it out because I'd known that you would forget" Her mother took her phone out the pocket of her bright red scrubs.

"Sorry, mama. How was work?"

"Work was work. You looking like you have a lot on your mind Nadir" Her mother raised an eyebrow.

"Me? No, I was just trying to remember if I had homework or not" She sighed.

"Why don't you talk to Elisa about it?"

"Because I'm being a supportive friend" Nadir wasn't really being supportive because no part of her wanted Elisa to even talk to Pharoah.

It was easier that way.

Nothing had to be complicated.

"Supportive where?" Her mother laughed and pointed to the door.

Nadir sucked her teeth before she felt something hit the back of her head.

An oven mitt.

"Suck your teeth at me again" Her mother dared.

Nadir picked up the mitt and sat in on the counter.

Pharoah and Elisa had just left.

They had taken all of their stuff too, so they definitely weren't coming back.

Pharoah walked through his empty house and guided Elisa up to his room before closing and locking the door.

He went to the bathroom, and Elisa sat down on his bed, and ran her hand up and down her thigh, finding it hard to stay still.

After using the bathroom, and brushing his teeth again, he emerged from the bathroom shirtless.

"You don't mind, do you?"

Elisa scanned over his body before shaking her head no.

"Oh, don't you act shy now" He sat down beside her.

"I've never actually been in a guy's house before. Besides Chance's, but that doesn't count"

Pharoah grabbed hold of Elisa's waist, and pulled her onto his lap before laying back on the bed.

"You know, I'm really feelin' you" He lied, and licked his lips. "Honestly, I been kinda nervous to talk to you this whole time. We should've been talked"

"And you're not just saying that because-"

"I don't have to work for pussy. In all seriousness, you fine as fuck and you got a brain. I like that shit"

He pulled her arms out from under her, and she fell down into him so that they were chest to chest.

He flipped them over, and started to suck on her neck.

"Pharoah-"

"We ain't gone do nothing" He kissed up to her ear before kissing her earlobe and trailing down to her lips, kissing her hard.

Pharoah already knew that he would grow impatient waiting for her to agree to have sex with him.

But he liked a challenge.

-