39.

Omniscient

"I went down to walmart to get you some boxes to pack up the rest of your room, and they had atleast a hundred of them things out there for free and I really thought I was finna finesse walmart out of all they boxes, but they were like 'I don't think so, buddy' so I took like twenty and left"

Earnest dropped seven boxes on the floor before sitting down on the bed beside Nadir. "Aye, I been thinkin'."

Nadir cupped his face. "Are you going to breathe first? I've never seen anyone so excited about boxes"

Earnest fell back on the bed, and Nadir put her hand up his shirt and rested her hand over his heart to feel how quickly it was beating.

"Get out my face, ma, damn" He laughed and swatted her arm. "Are you heart patrol?"

"I like your spirit. You're always happy"

"And you're always bitter. You can have some of this sweet lovin' though" He smiled at her.

She intended to.

"No I can't, because all you do is play. You know you're a tease"

"Are you kidding me? Ma, you be tryna seduce me all the time, crawling into my lap and saying all that freak shit"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Nadir gave him a half shrug, before looking away.

"And I like it when you guide my head and shit too. That hair pulling when I go down on you is a fuckin' turn on. Do the damn thang, ma. Guide me towards your climax"

"Okay, that's enough, Earnest. Thank you for the memory"

"And when you be making those little gasps and noises when you holding my head in place to suck and kiss on your neck, whew. I gotta do that more often"

"My disliking for you just grew"

"I almost forgot what I was going to say earlier. Do you want some friends? I got friends with girlfriends, and they're nice"

"I didn't know you had friends"

"I been keeping them from you, cause they wild as hell. Always doing something."

"You shouldn't let me keep you from your friends, Earn" Nadir paused to think. "I don't know, though. I'm sure they're all much older than me, and-"

"You'd fit right in, ma. I'm not gone refer you to anybody rude or nothin'."

". . .I trust you"

Earnest got up to tape up a box up before placing her already folded clothes inside.

"You ready to leave today?"

"Yeah, I'll come back after they let my mom out of prison"

Pharoah was gone, and King was his child.

Imogen had gotten arrested, and they were currently working on clearing Faris's name.

King now lived with only his grandfather.

"You gone let me come with you, ma?" He asked lifting up two stacked boxes and walking out of the room.

Nadir grabbed a smaller box that would be easier to carry, and nodded her head.

"I think my mother would want to know who I'm spending my time with"

Chance and Antiere also helped carry down Nadir's boxes, despite how awkward it was.

Antiere had been quiet the whole time. He was trying to figure out solutions and resolutions, but his mind was blank, and Nadir's was made up.

Nadir yawned after Earnest's trunk closed.

They would be stopping by the post office first to mail some things that couldn't fit in his car without blocking the windows.

"Bye, guys" Nadir sighed heavily.

Chance pulled Nadir into a hug and squeezed her tightly.

"I got you a phone, and I'm not telling you to contact me every day, although it is preferred, but just let me know how you doing so I can stress over you a little less"

"I wish I didn't miss Kensli" Nadir stated, ignoring what he just said.

Chance was busy with Faris's trial, and Kensli only was with Chance a few days out of every month.

He was doing the best that he could though.

"She ain't doing nothing but dressing herself and trying to put on shoes, anyhow" Chance said. "You'll see her next time"

He let her go, and Nadir hugged Antiere tighter than he hugged yer, surprising him.

"Please, please, please, please be careful Antiere. I still care about you outside of a relationship. I don't ever want to see you hurt, so stay cautious and take care of yourself, sir"

Her head rested against his chest, and Antiere leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Yeah, yeah. You take care of yourself too, Nadir. If the nigga turn out to be a bum, I'm on standby"

Antiere mugged Earnest before kissing the top of Nadir's head again.

Earnest let it slide because he knew thet Antiere was putting up a front for his hurt.

After bro hugging Chancelor and shaking Antiere's hand, Earnest joined Nadir in the car.

It was time to go home.

~