43.

Chapter kinda short. I wrote up the ending for this book the other day, and expect for me to do something cruel.
-

Omniscient

Someone knocked on the door to Antiere's house.

Antiere and Kensli looked at each other, and Kensli stood up. "I'll get it"

"What kind of babysitter would I be? You can't even see the peephole"

"Why I need the peephole when I can reached the knob?"

"I think all the women in your family got some sass to them" Antiere stood up and put Kensli on his side.

He walked up to the door, and saw Pharoah.

"Kens, be quiet for a second" He brought her into the living room, just as his mom walked by.

"I need uncles with money"

"Mom. Open the door, and tell him that I'll be home soon. I gotta go"

"What?"

Antiere already walked out the back door carrying Kensli who had her hand over her mouth.

"Come get your daughter, Chano. I'm ready to do some shit"

"What kinda shit? I'm down the block, on the way" Chance responded.

"Nah, fuck that. Pull up to the culdesac the next street over"

"Aight, bet"

"You riding in my car still?"

"Yeah, my car is covered in bird shit"

By the time Antiere sped walked through the yards, Chance was already standing beside the vehicle.

"You ain't know I was ready to do some shit, and I told you that it was family business" Antiere briefed him on what he was supposed to say.

"Let me-"

"You got my whole niece, fuck outta here. Bye Kens" He passed her to her father. "I love you"

She took her hands off of her mouth. "Byeee. Love you too"

"Nigga don't say that he love me, damn. Don't die"

Antiere nodded his head before pulling off.

He sunk his teeth into his lip and pressed the gas.

When he turned the corner to go down the street, he saw that his mother was gone.

He put on his seatbelt and stepped harder, allowing his rage to build up.

Something in him told him to stop, but he didn't.

He instead honked the horn when he knew it was too late.

He 'attempted to give a warning'.

Pharoah turned around and just like that, the car slammed into his torso and pinned him between the house and car.

He let out a low scream and slumped forward.

Antiere put the car into reverse to ease up on his body, but by then, Pharoah already pulled out the gun and shot through the windshield.

They both slumped forward, but Antiere's foot shifted away from the glass.

Back, back, back the car went.

Antiere managed to shift into neutral before he injured anything.

Pharoah went over to the car, and opened the door before using all of his strength to pull Antiere out of the car.

"I'm sorry" Pharoah's hand dug into Antiere's pocket to get his phone and call 911.

Blood leaked out onto the sidewalk.

"I got - I came to apologize. I have mental problems, real mental problems, and I didn't want to hurt anybody anymore. I'm sorry"

Pharoah turned and nearly crawled towards his car.

He had to get away again.

-