38.

Omniscient

"Ma, you been moving all night. Are you okay?

Nadir shook her head slightly and woke herself up out of her sleep.

"That's cute" He pulled her ontop of him.

She sat up and tossed her legs over the side of the bed, and put her head in her hands.

"You know you can talk to me. I don't judge" Earnest moved to sit behind her, and he placed both of his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them for her.

She let out a deep sigh, and Earnest could feel how tense she was.

"I'll do your whole body if you want me too, ma"

Nadir's body sunk into his, and he stopped, pulling her body close.

He rubbed his tired eyes before burying his face into her hair.

"I'll give you one" Nadir slipped from underneath him, and lightly pushed him back.

"What you doing then, mama?" He threw one of his hands across her thigh lazily, and she grabbed his hand before smiling.

She enjoyed hearing his sleepy voice.

"Pretty self. Look at you"

She started to giggle, and that made Earnest smile because she was flattered.

"You wanna go for a drive with me, ma? I wanna watch the sunrise with you"

Nadir sat up and wrapped one of her blankets around herself. "Yes, please"

Five minutes later, they were downstairs because Nadir wanted some orange juice.

Earnest leaned against the counter as Nadir poured herself three glasses.

"You said you were thirsty, not dehydrated"

She handed him the unfinished cup because she couldn't drink anymore.

"I just brushed my teeth, ma"

Nadir put the cup into the fridge and went to go wake up Chance.

Himself and Antiere were laid out on both couches with plenty of snacks.

Although they frequently disagreed over Nadir, they were still best friends.

ChAntiere 4 life

"Chano" Nadir tapped Chance, and he swatted her arm. "Text it to me, damn"

She sucked her teeth before leaving the house.

-

"Brothers, huh?" Nadir turned sideways on his lap.

"Yeah. I haven't seen him since we were kids, so I wasn't sure. You probably thinkin' up accusations, but neither of us knew"

"I should apologize to him. I didn't know, and that probably hurt his feelings"

"There goes that sun rising" Earnest pointed out, and his attention shifted to the sky.

"I prefer sunsets" Nadir turned and brushed her lips against his.

"Damn you bad. When did you get like this?"

She connected their lips, and moved her legs so that they were on the outside of his.

"When are you going to stop playing with me, Earnest?"

Her hand rested on the back of his head as it trailed lower on her body, sucking and kissing on the exposed  skin on her neck and shoulder.

The familiar swirling in her stomach came back, and Earnest smacked her ass roughly. "No, Nadir"

She sat down on his lap and pushed off against his chest to grind into him, making him grunt lowly.

"You don't want me?" She kissed on his earlobe and slipped her hands under his shirt to touch on his bare chest.

"I honestly think you tryna kill me"

-

"You barely legal, ma. You'on control me"

Nadir walked up onto him, and he took a look at her shorter stature. "I just wanted a kiss"

"And I just wanted to steal from my job, and look where that got me"

Nadir cracked a smile, and turned away from him to laugh.

"I signed up for the adult education center. I'm serious about school this time" She hooked her hand into his belt loop.

"I doubt you'll be learning about anatomy any time soon, so bye" Earnest removed her hand.

"What do you want to do? Like as a career goal, not an 'i'll settle for this' job."

"I want to do construction work, but don't nobody wanna hire me, cause I ain't got no experience. I got my degree last year"

"You're going to get electrocuted" Nadir pouted.

"You be frowning just to frown. Girl stop" Earnest pushed the corners of her mouth up and kissing her forehead.

Antiere looked up at the ceiling while he listened to their conversation from the other side of the wall.

Antiere wanted Nadir to be happy, regardless of who she was with, but at the same time, it was 'fuck anybody that ain't me'.

Chance grabbed the back of his neck, making him jump and slam back into the thin wall.

"Damn, you tryna breathe their conversation too?"

Nadir walked into the room with them, and cleared her throat. "I guess now would be a good time for the sit down"

Pretty soon, they were all seated outside.

"I think you only with Earnest because of the sexual contact, Nadir. We was eachothers first loves, and I didn't expect for you to throw it all away so quick. I miss you, baby. I miss us" Antiere stared directly into Nadir's face, and she looked down at the table.

As badly as he wanted her to ride for him, she didn't.

"I - uh. . . This sucks, but Pharoah was my first love. You were my first real relationship though, Antiere. I don't want to be with anyone involved with drugs, I don't want to live that life, and I don't want to get hurt anymore. Earnest motivates me, and our relationship goes beyond sexual contact. I think the distance would be good for me, and I'm serious about getting my life together this time. I want to be a social worker, and I want to help myself out for once"

"Could you just not grow up? Damn" Chance mushed her face. "What do you have to say big Antiere?"

Antiere mugged the shit out of Chance, and turned away.

Earnest laughed slightly and shook his head. "I ain't had shit else to do before Nadir and I'm ready to say some outplayed shit, but I'm just tryna see her succeed. I want us to build up to the point where we both living comfortably, but I'm not tryna go into detail"

Nadir's face turned red, and Antiere nodded his head.

It was now time to accept the fact that Nadir was no longer his.

-