33. (New*)

Chance's birthdayyyyy🎉💕

-

Omniscient

"I didn't know you had any dresses with you, ma. You look pretty"

"I was at a clothing donation bin looking for something presentable to wear and someone drove up, so I walked away, but she called me over and said that she had a nice dress thay had gotten too small for her, but was otherwise okay and boom, you're looking at it"

"That was nice of her" His eyes switched between looking at her and the road.

"People are nicer to me now than they were before. It's out of pity though"

Earnest turned into the parking lot.

"Yeah, I ate you out because I felt bad. What's your name again?"

"You couldn't stop saying it yesterday. Nadir this, Nadir that. You sounded like a parent"

"More like 'Nadir don't listen, I wish we would hurry up and fight'." He reached down and broke off a cookie, making Nadir shake her head.

"I don't fight, so sorry"

"Aight then, ma. Don't put up a fight then"

Nadir could see people walking up the court steps, and she saw Pharoah.

"Oh, the nerves"

"You didn't have those nerves when you was giving me attitude as soon as we met. That lil nigga ain't gone do shit anyways. He bitchmade"

"Don't tell anyone your name. Because then they'd try to find you"

Earnest parked, and took his keys out of the ignition. "I'm just a subway worker, man. I didn't sign up to be found" He teased and got out the car.

Nadir followed behind him, and he led the way, even though he didn't know where he was going.

"Thank you for being here" Nadir said quietly.

"Cause you got something to hide behind?"

They stepped into the courtroom and Nadir slid into the very last row.

Antiere, Chance, and Pharoah were all up front.

"Now you know you need to be upfront if you tryna say some shit" Earnest spoke.

Nadir leaned over and put her face in her hands.

"But you swear you gone be upset when somebody rub they ass against your brain tryna get by"

Nadir ended up picking with her tattoo covering and peeled it off.

Earnest leaned towards her ear. "Your herpes got you feeling bad?"

Nadir cracked a smile, and folded up the gauze. "Shh. Someone's going to think I have herpes"

Antiere looked around the courtroom, looking to see how many people showed up.