35.

I'm trying to get into reading again, so less frequent updates in the near future.

-

Omniscient

"Ma, you still not talking to me?"

Nadir turned away from him, and Earnest sat down on her beach chair with her, and pulled her body into his.

She was serious about not wanting to spend money, but he ignored her request.

Nobody ever took her serioisly.

"I don't know what you're talking about" She mumbled.

He sat up, and scooped her up into his arms. "Be happy. Today's a nice day"

"Do not throw me into the pool, Earnest"

"I'm not gone throw you, cause I can slip my damn self" He walked down the stairs and walked until the water was up to his chest.

"I may be holding onto you, but I don't want to be"

"Jokes on you, cause I like me a bitter girl. Mood swings and all that built up anger turn me on" He adjusted her body on his, and connected their lips.

He walked back towards the shallow end, and sat her down on the pool's edge.

"I can see myself growing sick of you pretty quickly"

"And it's onto the next nigga, huh? I done had a feeling that you won't shit the whole time."

"If that's what you want to think. Can I go to the sauna?"

"You ain't gotta ask my permission" He laughed. "Imma be here"

Nadir stood up. "I'm going to get your money's worth"

"Aight, ma" He laughed.

Nadir walked into the indoor part of the pool and past a staff member stocking towels.

"I know good and well I'm not supposed to get my tattoo wet" Nadir mumbled to herself.

Antiere turned around. "You staying here?" The surprise in his voice was evident.

Nadir did a half spin and faced Antiere. "I - uh, yeah. I am"

"I'm sorry about the other day" His eyes followed the trail of fading hickies that started at her neck, dipped into the top of her swimsuit, ran down her bare stomach, into her bottoms, and stopped at her thighs.

"I'm sorry too. I don't like arguing, but I've already decided on what path I wanted to take and my choices were being overlooked. But how long have you been working here?"

"I got a job right after you broke up with me, cause I wanted to show you that I was committed to us. I didn't expect you to come back with a boyfriend though. Not that you can't get one. You know you breathtaking"

"Thank you, but he's not my boyfriend"

Antiere handed her a towel, and she thought it was because he had assumed she was cold, getting out of the pool and everything, but it was because he didn't want to see the result of somebody else loving on her anymore.

"Baby, can we try us again? I threw all that shit out the window after you left"

"I can't. I don't want to be held back -not that I couldn't achieve anything with you, but the past should be left in the past. I don't want to break up your family. I want a fresh start"

"You don't know how much you hurt me when you told me that you didn't love me. I thought you was down for me"

"I said no because I had trouble coping with you being involved in drugs, not because I didn't love you at the time"

"Ouch"

Nadir gave him a hug, and he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Let me know when ol' boy slip up"' He kissed her forehead and let her go.

He wasn't going to let her go forever though.

Well, atleast that's what he thought.

-

"I don't like you, and we'll never be friends again, but could you testify for me?" Nadir asked.

Elisa opened the door to her parents house, and Earnest stepped into the house with Nadir.

"Pharaoh would-"

"The only people on his side are the judge and Imogen. My mom doesn't deserve to have her life taken away from her for something she didn't do"

Elisa thought back to how Faris would intervene and get hit for her.

"No" She shook her head. "Pharoah would-"

"Walk around here a free man and who's to say he won't do it to someone else? He killed your baby and played you" Nadir reminded.

"Because of you, N-"

"I don't want to get into that"

"Oh nah, let's hear it" Earnest finally spoke.

Elisa smiled softly at him, checking him out, but Earnest was far from interested.

Her house didn't have one box of cookies in sight.

-