25.

Calynna basically said don't update at night, so the book is canceled 💀💀💀

Comments would be appreciated
-

Omniscient

Nadir took a seat at the very front of the class. She would rather be alone upfront.

Two weeks in, and nothing had changed.

Taylor attempted to apologize, but it was really an explanation as to why he couldn't help her.

Not everyone could stick up for her like Chance or Antiere did.

"Nadir, you and your partner could come up and present your project"

Nadir's eyes widened.

The project she didn't start in class yesterday, and said that she would do at home, but didn't remember until just now.

"It's not finished" She mumbled.

"Well, present what you have. Who's your partner?" Her teacher sighed, obviously getting annoyed with her.

"I don't have a partner"

Most of the class laughed, making her feel self conscious.

"That's points off, but you still have to present"

"I don't have anything to present" Nadir mumbled.

"I don't take well to slackers, Ms. Bennett. We can be friends, or I can be your worst enemy"

There would definetly be no friendship.

Nadir blinked at her before looking down.

"Do you have something to say?" Her teacher asked.

"She do" Some students hyped her up.

"Say something to her, Ms. G"

"Aye, y'all can settle this after school"

There was only twenty minutes left in the day.

Nadir grabbed her backpack before exiting the classroom.

She walked out of the school, and down the stairs.

Her bus was usually early, so she would just sit there and wait for the rest of the kids.

"Excuse me, girl"

Nadir kept walking, and didn't bother looking up for the risk of making eye contact.

Because there was no pretending once eye contact was made.

She took a seat at the front of the bus, and called Antiere.

She had figured that her calling him so much was bothersome, but she didn't have any friends, and she longed to hear his voice.

"You calling me earlier than expected" He spoke smoothly into the phone.

"Really? I'm pretty sure that it's the same time everyday"

"I'm pretty sure that you skipped class, but I'm gone leave it at that"

"I can't confirm or deny those allegations"

"I know you heard me, baby. When someone says excuse me, you supposed to offer your assistance"

Nadir could feel the smile growing on her face, and she stood up with her backpack.

She tripped on the stairs, and was greeted by Antiere and Chancelor leaning against the side of the bus.

Nadir hugged Chance first, and he laughed. "I told you she was going to hug me first. Stay in yo place, boy"

"She just hugged you first cause she was going to show me more love" Antiere countered.