47.

Today is Tuesday, and today is my birthday. Also, it's Tia's too😊 💚🎉🎉. Gotta love her.
-

Omniscient

Nadir sat cross legged on the hood of Earnest's car, watching him from afar.

He was kneeled over a piece of wood, cutting it with a saw.

A bunch of other sweaty men walked around doing stuff too, and they only mattered when they blocked her view of him.

"If you here, you gotta be weird" Quadell sat on his car too.

"What are you doing, Qua?"

"I came to holla at my nigga. Kay out with wifey, and I'm bored as fuck"

"I should've made Abani go out with me instead. This isn't fun if we don't communicate" Nadir said.

"You gone come to La'Earny job, and be upset cause he workin?" He laughed.

Earnest and someone else brought the wood over to another person so they could pull it up to the roof.

He then turned towards Nadir and started walking towards her.

"Straight out of a porno, I swear. Big buff construction worker gets the job done" Qua shook his head.

"I swear you were just talking about paperwork you didn't do" Earnest stated, and pushed Quadell off of his car.

"All of this fresh, and you gone go and put yo dirty hands on me" Qua dusted himself off.

Nadir smiled. "I was thinking the same th-"

"Don't change the subject, ma"

Nadir grabbed his hands before dumping a bottle of water on them, drying them off, and putting thick working gloves on them. "You could cut your hand, Earnest"

"You was waiting for me just to do that?" He questioned, smiling at her.

"Neon is not your color. You could put on a pink vest instead"

"Go home, ma" He laughed. "Imma be there in some hours"

"I could wait in the car"

"And burn up? You not ready to sit for 8 hours" Earn spoke sternly.

Nadir groaned and leaned forward to wipe the sweat off of his face before kissing him. "That's a long time"

"Bye, ma"

Nadir walked towards the passenger's seat of Qua's car.

"When did I say I would chauffeur? You know your first uber ride is free" Quadell stated.

"I'll pay for food"

"Oh, fuck you and every time you didn't feed me, Earnest. Nadir is where it's at"

-

"Remember how this all begun. . .just us. My ma said you were bad news like dun-dun-dun-dunnn. You proved her right. Every single night!-"

A hand on Nadir's shoulder made her jump, and push the vacuum forward off of its back wheels.

Earnest was wrapped in a towel already.

"You showered downstairs?" She questioned.

"Yeah, you were vacuuming, and I had a headache. My lady was really screeching though"

Nadir unplugged the vaccum up, and wrapped the cord before pushing it into the corner.

"Are you okay? I brought you pasta I can heat up if you want it. And I can give you a massage and love you"