26.

Today's the one year anniversary of Detroit! This was my breakout book, and thank you to everyone that's ever read it 💕

Today's the one year anniversary of Detroit! This was my breakout book, and thank you to everyone that's ever read it 💕. We also hit 10k votes today. Another milestone.

-

"Chance, I think I'm ready to have sex"

"Nigga" Chancelor blinked at Nadir.

"You've done it before. I'm nervous"

"So you just want me to encourage you. You don't think discussing this with me makes me uncomfortable too?"

"I can't notice anything past my own anxiety" Nadir said.

"When a man loves a woman, they gradually grown accustomed to eachother, and then they make the conscious decision to potentially produce fertile offspring"

"Duh"

"Be sure that he's who you want to with, and you've made the decision to partake in such activities. Don't be afraid to speak up, and I'm not going into detail any farther than that" He concluded.

"Thank you, Chance"

He picked up a pillow, and hit Nadir in the face with it. "Damn, it's awkward in here"

Chance left the room, just as Antiere entered.

"What you tryna do today, baby?"

"I'm indecisive"

"I've missed you so damn much" Antiere sat down on the bed with her.

"Thank you for sticking around. I'm not the-"

"You ready to list some of your flaws and exaggerate them, and I'm not here for it"

"My mom doesn't talk to me anymore. She rejects my calls sometimes" Nadir decided to speak on something that was really bothering her.

It seemed as if her mother were pushing her out of her life.

"Maybe, you just catch her at work"

"I was on the phone with Chano, and asked to speak to her. She just walked out of the room"

"I don't know what to say"

"Me neither"

"At our wedding, imma be like 'for richer, and for richer because I saved a bundle on this wedding'. Then we all gone laugh, and you're going to laugh, but really, you're going to be like 'did this nigga really just say that at our wedding?' but you love me anyways"

"You've been thinking about that?" Nadir asked.

"I had a dream the other week, and I just kept thinking about it"

"Can I just thank you for existing?"

"You keep thanking me" He laughed.

Nadir looked at the floor while she took in the silence.

"You can have my virginity"

"So was buttering me up your way of easing into it?" He chuckled.

A/I: Wine, Dine, then hit it from behind - Dietrick to Mara

"Was that bad?"

"Nah, you good. I'll see you later, baby" Antiere said. "I don't want to hog you when your whole sibling wants to spend time with ya too"

"Where are you going? I thought you were going to spend the day with me?" Nadir frowned.

All that time apart, and he wanted to go and venture out on his own.

"I told you before. You're too tempting. Once I start some sexual shit with you, it's a done deal. But now I can tease you"

He gave her a hug and grazed his lips against hers before turning away from her.

"If that was teasing, then I want no part in it. No thank you, Antiere"

He laughed, and left the room without responding.

-

Pharoah leaned over her curled up body, and connected his fists with whatever he felt like hitting.

"You wanna. . .build a case. . . . .against. . . . . me?"

He yanked her hair back before punching her in the face again.

No matter how much it hurt, Elisa knew that she would be alright.

He was only helping to build her case.

Essentially assisting in his own takedown.

She had grown numb to the pain now.

She was fully conscious, but that wouldn't last long.

"I ain't never fuckin' liked you. And yo dumbass in your fuckin' feelings for what? I killed your kid, and even if you gave birth to it, I would have killed it too. . . .I don't give a fuck"

Pharoah kicked her in the face before he began to stomp her out.

That was when Elisa started to fully regret her decisions.

Faris rushed downstairs and pushed Pharoah away from her. "Elisa is a child. She's had enough! Fucking stop!"

Pharoah grabbed her shirt, and propelled her towards the wall.

She managed to further damage her hurt wrist.

Faris had to take it.

She had to accept everything, because of Nadir.

She sunk her teeth down into her lip to keep from crying out when she pushed her wrist back into its previous location.

Faris stumbled over to where Elisa was to check on her wellbeing.

She didn't even like Elisa because of the way she treated Nadir, but she was still a human being.

"You don't ever fucking learn" Pharoah kicked Faris in the head too.

"Y'all stay the fuck here, and I dare y'all asses to leave"

He threw his phone at Elisa's face before exiting the house.

Elisa sobbed as Faris felt on her broken ribs.

"I was - I was just. . ."

"Shhh. You don't have to do any explaining to me, honey. I already know" Faris pushed her sweaty hair away from her own face before she cried herself.

Elisa was about to go missing.

Faris could almost guarantee that.

Pharoah ran all the way to the police station before bursting through the doors, crying.

"She tried to rape me again. I - I fought back. I think they're dead. I don't know, I need help. Please"

He maintained his irregular breathing pattern, and dropped moments after he got light headed.

-