8.

Not everyone's pregnancy shows. *Cough* Tia_Dope

-

Omniscient

Pharoah laid asleep on the bleachers with his head in Elisa's lap.

Nadir stared at him the whole time, and Chance looked away from his phone, where he was videochatting with Kensli.

"You ain't even blinking" Chance said, wondering why the hell she was staring off into space.

Nadir blinked slowly before looking at her brother. "Huh?"

"You on some weird shit" He said.

Nadir sighed, and sunk down in her seat before leaning back.

"I feel like you got this whole secret lifestyle, and you don't care enough to let me in" He said.

"Because of a hickey?" Nadir whispered.

He had just taken notice of how sad his sister actually was.

"Whoever it is, make sure that nigga worth your time. If the shit feels toxic, then just let it go. Ain't nobody gone ever be worth your happiness, baby sister"

How could Pharoah be so okay with this? He could front, and act happy and put on this great big show, but all Nadir could do was sulk.

Maybe he wasn't acting.

Nadir plugged in her headphones, and looked straight ahead.

I just wanna hold you up
I just wanna figure you out
I just wanna make you mine
I'm drowning right now
Can you save my life
Well I'll be your Superman
And girl I don't give a damn
Cause my heart is open
And girl you got me open

Fuck a Friend Zone.

She skipped the song after that line, and the next song was You Belong to Somebody Else.

She skipped to a Kehlani song, and skipped the beginning.

Experienced, I did it times before
And I can see you from a distance
I could fuck you now and years later on
You gon' be stuck, just reminiscing

She took out her headphones, and stuffed them into her pocket before standing up, waking up Pharoah.

She grabbed her backpack before exiting the gym, despite her teacher calling after her.

"Zero!" He shouted, stating her grade for the day.

She couldn't care less.

Nadir walked the short distance to her house, and was glad that her mother was probably busy running errands, because she wasn't working at the hospital today.

It was her day off.

She went directly to the bathroom, and stripped herself of all her clothes before cutting on the shower, and got in as soon as it was on.

She couldn't feel how cold it was, because she felt numb.

Instead of grabbing her rag and body wash, she sat directly under the stream and brought her knees up to her face before she started to cry.

Sometimes it felt good to cry, but sometimes crying made her feel worse.

Pharoah punched in the numbers to their alarm system before going upstairs to Nadir's room.

Her door was locked, and in that moment, for once in his life, he was scared.

Nadir was most likely depressed, and he didn't know how far she would go.

He felt around the top of three door frames before finding the kwikset key for interior doors.

When he unlocked the door, Nadir was curled up in the bed.

"What's wrong with you? Because I caught you crying up in your room before we even got involved"

"You were right. I don't have it in me to pretend anymore" Nadir sat up hugging her pillow.

He looked at her swollen tear ducts.

"Baby-"

"No, I don't exist. My feelings don't get hurt. We're fine, I'm fine. Please go, I just can't talk to you anymore"

Pharoah sighed. Girls had always carried too many emotions.

"Aight, Nadir"

-

"I'm deadass worried about my sister" Chance stated, looking at Pharoah.

"Maybe she on her period or something" Ro stated, shrugging his shoulders.

"Nadir's always unhappy. She won't let anybody in. She doesn't have any friends" Elisa said. "She's been distancing herself from me too"

Nadir had distanced herself from Elisa because of her almost relationship with Pharoah.

She couldn't smile in her face anymore, and act like she wasn't being a sneaky bitch.

-

"Kens" Nadir mumbled as Kensli kicked the water while sitting in the bathtub.

Her armpit hurt from leaning over the side of the tub.

Kensli stood up, and almost fell, but Nadir was holding onto her.

Kensli grabbed her rag, and walked over to the purple bottle off bodywash, extending her rag.

"You just got some" Nadir stated.

Kensli threw her rag over her head, and lifted her arms up.

"You were done anyways"

Chance walked into the bathroom, and got a towel before picking Kensli up, carrying her off.

"Thanks" He stated.

"Neh neh"

"You're welcome" Nadir let the water out of the tub before standing and looking at her wet shirt.

She went into her room, and changed shirts before going downstairs. 

To her surprise, Elisa was in the kitchen.

"Hi"

"Hi"

Nadir took a deep breath before going towards the fridge.

She squeezed her hand before turning back towards Elisa.

"I like Pharoah, and he sometimes spended the night, and slept in my room with me. He gave me the hickey"

Elisa dropped her phone, and looked at Nadir with wide eyes.

"You're fucking joking, right?"

-