36.

Boom. When that new book idea hits me booiii

-

Omniscient

"Earnest" Nadir shook his sleeping body.

"Nah" He mumbled and stretched out, sinking his hand into his boxers.

"I'm walking to the library, then I was going to go see my niece. I wrote both addresses down, and left Chance's number if you wanted to join me"

She pulled his hand out of his boxers just to bother him, and he outstretched it.

"You want some hand action?"

"Goodbye"

He hooked his hand onto her pants and pulled her back before pulling her forward so that she was sitting sideways on his lap.

"Sleep in with me, ma. I need somebody to hold onto"

"Hold onto yourself again" She stood up and ran her hand across his face. "Sweet dreams, Princess"

"I gotta go to the store" Earnest sat up on the bed. "I can't eat anymore wish sandwiches"

"You're the one who bought bread and nothing else"

"Stop criticizing my decision-making, ma. You gone lower my self esteem"

"I think I want to be a social worker" Nadir sat on the counter while Earnest brushed his teeth.

"So you finally figured out what you wanted to do, eh? Bout time" He rinsed his tooth brush off and started flossing.

"But I don't know, because I don't want to die sometimes, and people don't like government interference"

"Yo kids are finna know how privileged they are"

"I dont think I should be a mom-"

"But do you want to be?"

"I'd be a failure"

"You don't know how damn great you are"

"Thank you for being kind to me"

"If I didn't offer to pay for your herpes medication, who was?"

"I don't know, Earnest. I don't know"

-

Nadir scrolled through the ancient computer.

She had been at the library for atleast two hours now, but she had just sat down at the desk.

She was looking for potential reads, but now she was on the computer researching what it took to be a social worker.

The back of her shirt lifted up, and something cold pressed into her skin.

"I missed you" Pharoah kissed the side of her face.

Her whole body stiffened, and she broke out into an instant sweat.

"Come on"

Nadir stood up slowly and they walked out of the library.

She took slow steps and Pharoah pressed himself against her. "You be tryna do me dirty. I don't get it"

He took her around to the back of the library.

The part directly infront of a wooded area.

Pharoah slid his hand down into her pants and put his gun away.

"What's going on back here?" A security officer stepped behind the building and Pharoah turned to the officer.

"We don't ever get any privacy at home. I'll pay you fifty just to leave us alone"

"I don't get paid enough for this shit" The officer mumbled before leaving.

"I don't care how many niggas you dated, or how many hickies you got. You're a virgin because you're a good girl"

He buried his face into her neck and started to suck on it hard just to hurt her.

His hand left her underwear and he backed away.

"You're not the only one that's fucked up Nadir. You're not the only one with mental problems"

She started to cry as Pharoah pulled out his gun again.

-

"Please, bro?" Antiere questioned Chance.

"I can't convince her to stay. She ready to run off with her new nigga"

"I need her, man. I can't even describe it, I just need your sister"

"Bro, there are so many other-"

"Nadir's the only one I want to marry. I was - I was looking at rings and everything. I should've let her move in when she wanted to. I'm wrapped around her finger, and she don't even give a damn about me"

The doorbell rang, and Chance went to go open the door.

Earnest stood there with his hands in his pockets.

Chance let him in and Antiere sucked his teeth.

"I didn't know she was yours" Earnest shrugged. "Your name didn't come up"

"I ain't got shit to discuss with you, man"

"Clearly, cause you acted like you ain't know a nigga"

"Okay, confused" Chance spoke up.

"We blood"

"No the fuck we not" Antiere disagreed. "I ain't even know it was fuckin' you til afterwards"

"Damn, y'all whole family charming my sister"

"I realized it was you because you're bitter, and you got the same face as whatever mom's sisters name was" Earnest said.

"Skkkrt" Chance took a seat. "Well i'll be damned. What seperated y'all?"

"I got adopted" Antiere stated.

"Them people ain't yo folks?"

"Nadir's only with you because you remind her of me" Antiere stated.

"We don't look, talk, act, or sound alike. But God works in mysterious ways"

"I can't stand you"

"Its not like she cheated. I just discovered her, and now we here. By the way, where's Nadir? She said she was coming here after she left"

"You let Nadir out on her own?"

"To go to the library"

"You ugly ass mothafucka" Antiere stood up. "You're not responsible enough to have Nadir"

"And you won't responsible enough to keep her, so shut up"

-