19.

This chapter had less reads
-

Ain't nothing like investing your time into a chapter, and getting absolutely no feedback. I haven't been updating because life, and for the first time in my life, the school social worker is on my back

-

Omniscient

Faris walked past Nadir's room, and backtracked to take another look.

"Good morning" Antiere looked towards the open door, and continued to rub Nadir's feet while she laid down in the bed on her phone.

"And I guess she thought she was some type of special, Antiere?"

He laughed and nodded his head.

"I had a hard day of driving yesterday, mama"

"And your whole foot hurts from just pressing a pedal? Okay, Nadir" She laughed.

"If you would have seen how hard she was pressing down on my break, you would've understood. I was surprised that she didn't have that SpongeBob driving toe"

"Well atleast she's finally learning. She was too stubborn to start learning when I wanted her too"

"She was hesitant yesterday"

"I'm still here" Nadir reminded, not wanting them to talk about her in her presence anymore.

"I can stop by the DMV to get you a handbook if you want it. I know they have downloadable versions"

"If it's not out of your way. Thank you"

"Mhm. Antiere, I would like to meet your guardians"

"My parents?" Antiere raised his eyebrows. "Uhh"

"Uh?" Faris questioned. "What's the problem?"

He laughed. "Nothing. They're just gonna embarrass me. I'll let my mother know"

"I'd appreciate that" She said her goodbyes before leaving Nadir's room.

"Are we going to the session today?" Nadir asked

"Yeah, why wouldn't we?"

She shrugged, and Antiere smiled at her.

"Because of our one on one session?" He dropped her foot, and looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Huh?"

He climbed up to where she was on the bed and hovered over her face before connecting their lips.

Antiere's hands rubbed up and down Nadir's sides as their kissing had no signs of slowing down.

Nadir reached for the button of his pants, but missed and hooked his belt loop instead and pulled her torso into hers.

"And what part of this did my mother think would be funny to me?"

Antiere got off of Nadir and sat on the bed beside her.

But Nadir got up and ran to the bathroom before closing the door .

"If she throws up, we're going to have a problem"

"Not all pregnant people throw up. We'll just have to see" Antiere sat back on the bed.

"You make me want to kill ya" Chance turned towards the door. "Nadir!"

Nadir drank the water straight from the faucet, and felt the three pills slide down her throat.

She stepped away from the sink and turned the water up, to drown out her brother calling her.

"We haven't even done anything yet" Antiere laughed. "She left because she can't do pressure"

"She didn't leave because she's in the damn bathroom"

The light cut off, and Nadir sat on the bathroom floor with her knees to her chest.

Antiere sat on her bed while Chance stood up, leaning against the wall.

Antiere heard her sniff, and got up. "Baby, we gotta go to the meeting"

"What? The meeting at your house?" Chance scowled.

He just said that to lure her out of the bathroom.

After a few moments of silence, he turned to Chance. "Could you exit her room for a second?"

"She ain't even say nothing, nigga"

Antiere stared at him with a blank expression, and Chance sucked his teeth. "She love me more anyways"

"Those are two different types of love. I doubt you would want to-"

"Don't tell me shit. I don't wanna know" Chance left the room.

-

Antiere held Nadir's hand as they sat in their support group.

They all sat in a circle, facing eachother.

"Although it is great that you two found eachother, your close contact makes the group uncomfortable"

Nadir dropped his hand and they spoke in unison. "We apologize for causing everyone discomfort"

Nadir and a guy across the room both stood up, and they switched places.

"How are you Nadir?"

She sunk down slightly in her seat and shrugged.

"Please sit up and make eye contact with everyone in the room. We are your friends"

Nadir pushed her back up against the chair, and looked around the room.

When she got to Antiere, she looked at his shoes, and then went on to the next set of eyes

". . .Hello?" The group leader questioned.

"I'm doing bad"

"Would you like to go into further detail?"

"No thank you"

"We are here for you, Nadir. We pray for your well-being" The group recited.

"How are you, Mitchel?"

"My grandmother moved two days ago, and it's tough. All my siblings are in foster care already. I thought about relapsing, but then I thought about disappointing you guys. My friends"

"Just because we're in the same group together doesn't make us friends. I don't know you on a personal level" Nadir stated.

"Nadir, you're hurting feelings"

"Most of us are faced with jail time or being shipped off elsewhere. We came here to try and get clean, not to make friends. I personally don't want any friends"

"And are you saying that we can't get clean because you're in a bad mood?" A girl named Rachelle spoke up.

"We're sharing feelings right? It's a personal opinion"

"So you relapsed? What, do you feel guilty?"

"Fuck you"

"That's three strikes. Goodbye"

Nadir walked out the door without hesitation.

Antiere stood up to leave too.

"Antiere, you have to stay. Sit down please"

"Nah. I'm her ride home"

"Well I guess she would just have to wait outside then. She was the one who brought the bad attitude and negatively affected the group"

"I'm still good" He disagreed.

"Well the majority rules. Please don't talk back"

"Aight. Whatever" He leaned back and stared at the door she left out of.

-