10.

I've been busy as hell. I work weekends, and I be dying, and this homework be piling up, but sometimes I be giving myself breaks lmfao. My grades (Heyyy, Tia) are a representation of that. I got accepted into the vocational school that I wanted to do 😊. But my bad.

-

Omniscient

"You know that's a wack ass gift from a wack ass nigga" Chancelor said, punching the bear in the face. "We don't do that round here"

"Kensli does. She can have it"

"So what's his name?"

"God. He's opened up my eyes"

"Yeah, well my fist ready to close your eyes"

Kensli stomped into the room fully dressed.

"You supposed to be having a fun day with grandma. What'chu doing?"

She pointed to the bear, and Nadir picked it up before setting it on the floor.

Their mother poked her head in the door, and walked in while zipping up her jacket.

"Kens, you were excited about going to the store earlier"

She responded in gibberish and kept it moving.

"Faris. Now you know the store ain't fun when your parents black-"

"Chancelor, we are not on a first name basis. We aren't friends"

"I thought you liked me, mama. How you gone do me like that?" Chance asked.

Kensli stuck her tongue out, and Chance shook his head. "You always sticking your tongue out, put it back" He flicked at one of her small front puffs.

She hadn't grown enough hair in the back to gather.

Kensli glared at him before walking out of the room making Nadir laugh. "She's going to put you in a nursing home"

"Bye" Their mother spoke, following behind Kensli.

"I feel like I ain't heard you laugh in a minute"

"It's because I laughed a minute ago"

Chance sat down on her bed. "You would tell me if something was wrong, right?"

He knew fully damn well that she was about to lie to him, because something was wrong.

"Yes. It's just one of those days where I'm reflecting, and being too critical of myself" Nadir felt the lump begin to form in her throat.

"How do you feel? What are you thinking?"

"Chance-"

"Ain't no nigga gone love you unconditionally, or care about you as much as I do, Nadir. I'm your brother. You walk around here drowsy as hell, and you ain't even mention that you were on pills. I wanna be able to help you. Cause I swear you've been acting different ever since you had that hickey on your neck. Did somebody hurt you?"

She started to nod her head yes, but then shook her head no before making eye contact with her brother, and then she started to cry.

The only thing that was hurt was her state of mind.

Pharoah lay on his bed, and the baby laying beside him, made direct eye contact with him.

"What?" He asked.

His phone rang, and it was Elisa calling to check up on him.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing?"

"Sitting with the baby" He responded.

The baby opened and closed his mouth, making a small sound while doing so.

"Awww, what's his name again, Rohan?"

Pharoah scowled at her calling him by his middle name, and rolled his eyes.

"His name is the baby. Why you calling?"

Pharoah honestly didn't even know the child's name, and he didn't care to know.

"We need to talk" Elisa stated. "Can you come over?"

"I just said that I was babysitting,  damn. I'm not finna pack up all this nigga shit cause you stalling" He sighed.

"I'm pregnant, Pharoah. I don't know how we should tell my parents"

He rolled his eyes again, and the baby cooed at him.

"Cool, so when we finna set up this abortion? I love you and all that, but I can't have no child right now. I pruh-miss that we can have kids later, but not this one" He said.

"Pharoah we-"

"About to ruin our damn lives? I know. I don't want kids right now, and my dad can give y'all child support if you wanna do that, but children are a no go"

Elisa remained quiet on her side of the phone.

Pharoah looked down at his own flesh and blood, before looking up at the ceiling. Waiting.

"We can get rid of it" Elisa said quietly.

"I can take you next week. Don't tell nobody, because that'll hurt me even worse"

Pharoah didn't know why Elisa swallowed every lie that he told her, and acted like everything was okay.

What was she trying to prove?

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, Pharoah"

"Alright. Bye Elisa"

He hung up the phone just as Imogen had walked in.

"Kiiing!" She cooed.

So that was his name.

King tried to move, but he was getting ahead of himself. He was barely a month.

Pharoah and King.

Ro pulled Imogen down to his level by her shirt, and connected their lips.

"Wassup?" He kissed down her face, and almost buried his face into her neck.

"Hold on. We've got company" She said before picking up the baby and leaving the room.

"Hurry yo ass up" He sat up in the bed, and cleared his throat. "How great can life be?"

But life was easy being a carefree asshole.

-