30.

Who finna send me a car so I can show y'all that I know how to reverse? 💀💀💀

-

Omniscient

Nadir rubbed one of her shirts together between her hands in the bathroom sink.

Every once in a while, she would go through the donation bins and pick out a decent shirt and pair of pants and use it until it got too worn out.

She wrung out her shirt before grabbing her underwear and wringing them out once again and put them into her bag.

She cleaned up her mess, and left the restaurant.

"I see you go in there every other day, but you don't ever order any food"

Nadir looked down towards the parking lot and kept walking.

She wasn't going to respond.

"You should look where you're walking before you get hurt. Here"

She turned around, and a man held out a bag of subway towards her.

"No thank you" She rejected the offer.

"I work at subway, it didn't cost me anything. I even got you a cookie"

"Someone else-"

"Yeah, I know someone else could use it. but I made it for you"

"What's on it?"

"Well I guess I didn't make it for you. I don't know your interests, so you can just build it yourself. Like a lunchable" He smiled at her.

He looked to be around the age of twenty two or twenty three.

"Thank you" Nadir said, and accepted the bag.

"No problem. My name's Earnest by the way"

"The name fits"

He laughed. "Hadn't noticed"

She nodded her head before turning to walk away from him.

She walked back towards the dumpster, and on the way back, she spotted a man holding a sign that read that he was a homeless veteran and god bless.

"Here you go" Nadir took the cookie out of the bag first before offering it up.

"I don't want food, I want money. You got any money?"

Nadir shook her head before walking away.

There was another homeless person standing on the corner, and they gratefully accepted the food and gave Nadir a hug.

That made her feel good about herself.

Nadir went to go sit by her dumpster and pulled out the hydrogen peroxide to pour over her cut hand.

The bubbling of the peroxide helped loosen small bits of glass.

She had spent the last of her money on it, because she couldn't risk getting an infection.

She pulled a strand of hair out of her damp ponytail and began to twist it.

Sitting there, staring at the adjacent wall, she ended up twisting her whole head and putting it back into the ponytail.

Today was her eighteenth birthday, and she didn't even know it.

Earnest walked down the alley, and stopped when he reached Nadir. "You eat fast"

"You stalk fast" She picked at her pants.

"I didn't mean to stalk you, I just lost my train of thought when I was talking to you earlier"