23.

One Month Later

~

Omniscient

Antiere walked into the living room where Chance sat with Kensli on his chest.

"Stop" He told her.

"Stah" She repeated.

"Wassup?" Antiere asked him, going towards the stairs.

Chancelor practically jumped out of his skin, and looked at Antiere.

"Nadir's not here at the moment" His eyes darted around the living room, avoiding looking at Antiere.

"Aw, shit" Chance mumbled. "Here we go"

Antiere nodded and sat down on the couch. "Hey, Kens"

"Hiiiii" She squeezed Chance's cheeks between her small fingers until they got red.

"Do you know when she'll be back?"

"You said what?"

"Do you know when my girlfriend will be back. You know, your sister?"

"I dont know how many girlfriends you have"

Pharoah walked into the living room, and Antiere started to laugh a little.

"Problem?" Ro asked and scowled at him.

"Nigga, don't you think for one second that I forgot what you did. That's my friendly reminder"

"Yeah, whatever. I gotta go anyways. I forgot my phone at home" Pharoah stated.

"I should probably go too" Antiere chuckled. "I gotta see if I can cut this nigga off and run his ass off the road"

Pharoah left, and Chancelor turned to Antiere.

"You leaving sounds like the best damn idea I've heard today" Kensli covered his mouth, and he pulled her hand away.

"How long are we going to keep doing this?"

"Nadir moved in with our father and that's three states away"

"And I wasn't important enough to know this?"

"It was a surprise to Nadir too. My lovely mother didn't tell her because she claimed that y'all would've run away together"

"Why run when I can drive? She living with a whole stranger"

"That's our-"

"And Nadir don't know the nigga. He a whole fuckin' stranger"

"She gotta get out of this environment. I might have to pack up my baby mama and move out there too" Chance stated.

"I thought you didn't like her"

"That's grown folks business" Chance smirked. "She does me favors"

-

Nadir sat down in her new room and frowned.

"Do I look like I dropped out of school just to go to one in a different city?" She asked herself.

"Are you talking to someone, or are you just ranting?" A boy stuck his head in the door.

Nadir's eyes widened, and she looked at his face again.

She picked up her phone. "Sorry" She said and took a picture of him with the flash on and sending it to Chance.

He blinked, and looked at her with amusement.

Thirty two seconds later, Chance was calling her.