24.

I like my drama with a side of comments, thank you. I put a lot of time into writing and I would appreciate more feedback

-

Omniscient

Pharoah let himself into Chance's house, and walked straight into the kitchen.

Faris put salmon in cold water before reaching under the cabinet to get rice-a-roni.

She hadn't even heard him come in.

"Hey, Ms. Bennett"

"Hello, Pharoah. Chance isn't here, and I don't know when he'll be back, but you can wait in the living room and you're welcome to stay for dinner"

"You know, I really appreciate how nice you are to me. My step mom is cool and all, but you always welcome me into your home"

"I guess that's just the nursing and motherly instincts in me"

"I just bet" He pulled her back by her shoulder before forcing her against the wall.

He started to suck on her neck while trailing his tongue down her skin.

She shoved him off, and started to leave the room where her phone was, but got forced back into the wall.

Pharoah twisted her wrist in a way that with any more pressure, it would snap.

"Please don't do this. Chancelor will-"

"He's not coming home. It's just us"

"No" She tried to move foward to no avail.

"We're both legal, civil adults. I don't want to have to blackmail you, Faris." Pharoah stated and fiddled with her pants.

"How?" She could feel her heart rate speed up.

"I know you're not the cleanest nurse around. You do me a favor, and I do you one"

Pharoah was stronger than he looked and Faris was just as short as Nadir was.

She wouldn't have a job if Pharoah mentioned what she had been doing to anyone else.

She would have to start all over in fast food or retail.

"I think I heard Chano say this to Nadir before" Pharoah chuckled. "I think my love for you finna be like honey. I like my older women, and we could be in this for the long run"

"Don't talk about my kids"

"You want another one?" He pulled down her work pants before pulling down his own.

"I'd kill it"

"Nadir was too fucking childish for me. I should've hopped on the Faris wheel a long time ago"

He yanked down her underwear before walking up onto her and sliding in.

Faris let out a grunt deep in her throat as Pharoah stroked her.

"I won't hurt you. I know it's been a  while"

-

Nadir walked down the stairs slowly with her backpack in her hand.

She had never toured the house.

After three minutes of wandering, she found the kitchen where a man sat with Taylor.

"Hello, sir"

"You look just like your mother" He marveled.

"I'm sorry" Nadir apologized.

"You already ready? School don't start for another hour" Taylor said. "Goodmorning though"

"I was going to walk. I'd like to be early" She didn't want to be the last person to class because she didn't know where it was.

She hated knocking on closed doors. It was an anxiety thing.

"Hey, maybe we could do dinner some time this week" Mr. Bennett cheerfully suggested, studying her for a reaction.

"I uh - I would be more comfortable doing that when my brother comes around" She admitted.

If she were alone, she'd fiddle with her clothing or rub her hand up and down her thigh in an uncomfortable manner.

"That's fine. If you ever need anything, you can find me or Taylor" He said.

"Thank you, sir" Nadir quickly exited out of the room, because she felt awkward not calling him dad.

-

Nadir sat down at a lunch table by herself, and looked at Taylor who sat at a table with a bunch of girls.

"You know he's gay, right? Even if you're a slut, don't show it on your first day"

She could hear a few girls laughing behind her.

"Taylor?" Nadir asked.

The girls started laughing harder. "She already knows his name"

"Taylor's not even gay, he's bi" Someone else corrected.

"Yeah, but we've seen him look at niggas, and he just gossips with females. He's obviously not comfortable with himself"

Nadir looked down at her tray. "Is everyone so judgemental?"

"If you got something to say, speak the fuck up" Someone said to draw attention to themselves. Only to impress their friends.

Nadir could feel her heart pounding.

Taylor made eye contact, but quickly turned away from her.

"Aye, you got a pretty mouth. Let me find out that you suck dick, shawty" A deep voice shouted.

Nadir got up and left the cafeteria and called Antiere.

"What you doing?" He asked.

She tried to swallow the lump in her throat. "I - can't. I don't like crying so often and - and I've grown so used to it and I can't stand up for myself because I don't like the spotlight. I feel sick"

"Baby, what happened? Find somewhere to sit down and talk to me. I'm listening"

She could feel herself shaking, and Antiere just listened to her breathe.

"Can we go away? I just want to be with you"

"Nadir, we both know that we're not ready for that"

"You said that you were-"

"We're not financially ready for that, Nadir. People care about you"

"I can count them on one hand" She countered.

"I love you"

"I think I heard the bell" She mumbled.

"Alright then, pressure cooker. We can talk about a completely different topic later on today. Call me when you're available"

"Bye, Antiere"

-