5.

Omniscient

Pharoah sat at his kitchen table, eating a donut stick.

For once, he was home and alone.

Moments later, the lock turned, and his stepmother walked through the front door.

She went upstairs for a minute, before going down to the kitchen.

Ro smirked before getting up to throw the wrapper away.

"What you been up to? When is my dad coming home?"

"He's not coming home tonight. He took the night shift"

"He took the night shift, and I'll take his wife shift" Ro walked right up to her, and she dropped to her knees.

"I got a girly-friend now. We serious"

He laughed to himself, and Imogen stood up.

He had been cheating on her since the day their relationship began.

Well actually, Elisa was a side because Imogen was there first.

But then again, Pharoah was Imogen's side piece.

"When should I tell him that I'm pregnant?"

"I don't know, a few weeks from now. It's his baby" Pharoah lied to himself.

He wasn't going to raise a baby that his father was capable of raising.

Around the time that Imogen had gotten pregnant, herself and her husband had gone through a dry spell.

"Of course it's 'his baby'. I'm not going anywhere" Imogen stated.

She was only twelve years Pharoah's senior.

Pharoah grabbed her ass, before walking her back into the counter.

"We done had our lil conversation. Bring some bottles up to my room"

Elisa looked into Nadir's mirror while Nadir sat up in her bed, hugging a pillow.

"Do you think Pharoah would like my hair cut?"

"Are you cutting your hair for Pharoah, or are you cutting your hair because you want to?" Nadir asked.

"It would be unexpected though" Elisa said, completely ignoring what her friend had said. "Maybe Pharoah doesn't like short hair"

Nadir just decided to shut up and let her ramble.

"I wonder how long Ro's been going without sex. You know what he told me? He said that he would never talk to any other girl because he'd know what he would be loosing, and it isn't worth it"

Almost everything he told her was lies.

Atleast his name was real.

"Ouch" Nadir laughed.

"You don't count. You're like a sister to him"

Nadir caught herself taking in a deep breath to sigh loudly.

"I just feel like he's got you wrapped around his finger. Do you ever feel like he's playing you?" Nadir suggested.

"I went through his phone without him knowing, and it was clean. Honestly, I'm nobody to waste time with, I'm too insignificant" Elisa. Shrugged.

His messages to Imogen were always in code. 'See if my check came in the mail today' had nothing to do with USPS.

It meant that the direct deposit wasn't going to happen.

The direct deposit was more sexual.

"Okay, Elisa" Nadir said, deciding to throw away the topic.

"Nadir, are you jealous because you're alone?"

"I've been single all my life" Nadir laughed. "I'm not going to all of a sudden get jealous because I want a boyfriend"

She was jealous because she wanted Elisa's boyfriend.

There was a difference.

"Whatever you say, Nadir"

'That's why he wants me to call him Rohan while your ass is stuck calling him Pharoah. That's why he slept in my bed with me the other night. All night.'

"Don't take it personal, personal, personal" Nadir sang the Kehlani song to herself.

It was one of her favorites off of her album SweetSexySavage.

"I think if you came out of your shell, slapped on some makeup, and dressed differently, you would be more dateable"

"I'm feeling kind of sick. You should probably go home" Nadir spoke quickly before sinking her teeth into her tongue, biting down as if her life depended on it.

"I didn't mean it like that. Come on, Nadir"

"I know, I know. I'm stressed as usual, you know how life can be. I just need a nap or something. See ya Monday"

"So you just skipped over tomorrow?"

Nadir wished that Elisa would just disappear for a while, and stop asking questions.

"I have an essay do. It's hard enough to focus as is. Close my door when you leave"

Nadir turned around on her pillow, and pulled the cover over her entire body as soon as Elisa left.

-