37.

Today's the two month anniversary of this book! When do you guys think this should end? I have another book in my drafts that I want to publish after this

-

Omniscient

Earnest buried his face in Nadir's chest as they lay down in her hospital bed.

She didn't want to talk about it, but she had wanted him to smother her. Letting her know that he was still there.

She would fade in and out of consciousness while the three of them stayed in the room with her.

Her fingers would roam through Earnest's hair, her eyes would cross, then she was out.

She had a large bruise on her neck, and under her eye was swollen, but  those were the only visible marks.

"Earnest" Nadir tugged at his hair.

"What can I do for you, ma?" He attempted to sit up, but Nadir was holding him tightly.

She pouted slightly. "Could you flip us over and hold me still?"

Earnest turned them over and hugged Nadir before pulling the cover up over her legs.

"I don't think I can do it" Nadir stated. "I can't even help myself"

She was referring to becoming a social worker.

"Shhh. Mama" Earnest ran his hands through her hair. "You don't give yourself enough credit"

"Do you know what kind of car he was driving?" Chance asked.

Pharoah was gone, and he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

Nadir lazily shook her head no. "Can we just leave it alone? I've been through worse"

"You know this ain't yo fault, right, baby?" Antiere questioned. "I blame-"

"And it isn't Earnest's fault either, so please don't say that"

"Antiere is my brother"

Nadir pushed Earnest away and stood up, walking away in her hospital gown.

"Nadir hates all of us. Gang" Chance stated.

Earnest hopped up and followed her to the hall bathroom, and she almost closed the door in his face, but he pushed it open, making her stumble.

"Ma, stop"

"Back the fuck up" She scowled, and tried to push him away.

He closed and locked the bathroom door before roughly pulling Nadir into a hug.

"Come here, man"

She pushed off against his stomach, and almost slid in her socks, but Earnest caught her and pushed her up against the wall before loosening his hold, not wanting to hurt her.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face into his chest before she started to cry.

He wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her forehead. "I know, ma"

-

Nadir buried her face into the crook of Earnest's neck while they sat together in the jacuzzi.

"Please don't treat me like a pet because you saw me hurt" It was bad enough that ChAntiere treated Nadir as if she were their property.

"I'm not gone look at you any differently. Shit happens"

His hands rubbed on her butt, and she breathed deeply against his neck.

"If you can, can we stay a little longer? I want you to be here with me, but if you-"

"Yeah, I already quit for you"

Nadir sat up and adjusted her swimsut. "That was the stupidest thing that I've ever heard you do. You could've said no, Earnest and-"

"Ma, they fired me cause I kept eating all the cookies"

"Stop wasting your money on me, Earnest. Let's go home"

He smiled because she considered his place home now.

"Stop wasting your money on me Earnest"

"I don't even get you anything lavish, I just supply you with your basic needs, Nadir. You don't need to be eating out of a dumpster"

"Phooey"

He chuckled, and Nadir buried her face back into his neck. "Can we stay with my brother for a few days? He doesn't have a say because it's not his house"

"I gotta check my schedule, but I guess I can squeeze you in"

"Also, I would like to have a sit down conversation with you and Antiere because I want closure"

"You got it, ma"

"Thank you for sticking around, Earnest. I know I'm difficult"

"Everybody knows you difficult, Nadir. It's not a secret"

She giggled and trailed kisses up to his jawline. "You make me feel safe"

"That's why you be sleeping all up under me?" He turned her head slightly before connecting their lips.

Earnest pulled down his swim trunks before lifting Nadir up and walking them out into the bedroom.

-