62.

Omniscient

"I miss cuddling with you the other way" Antiere rubbed on her stomach. "I still love you though"

"I started lactating"

"Let me see. Show me how that milk squirt"

"That's weird. Absolutely not"

"My baby can have their mouth all over your nipple, and I cant even look? Discrimination"

"I'm starting to feel sick, so I think I'm going to sleep now" She grabbed his hand and started to mess with his fingers.

"If it gets worse later, wake me up so you can have some company"

"You have to give me a kiss cause this is my exact position of comfort"

Antiere got up and put his knees into the bed.

"Alright so, I love you" Antiere turned her head slightly before kissing her on the lips and biting her top one. "And I love you" He moved down to kiss her stomach. "And I guess Keandre alright"

"Dont try to carry him, Antiere"

A few hours later, Nadir dropped her face down against the toilet while breathing hard.

"I gotta know what you feeling, sweetheart. Describe it to me" Antiere pulled on a pair of black sweatpants,

As hard as her lip was trembling, she tried her best not to cry because she was infact scared, but she didn't want to scare him any more than he already was.

An ambulance was two minutes away from their home.

"Its -its like abdominal pain, and cramping" She sniffed. "My back and my uterus hurt too"

"You telling me everything, right?"

"I uh - A few drops of blood"

Antiere's mother stepped into the bathroom with Keandre sleeping on her shoulder. "We're gonna drive"

"Thank you"

"Please just keep me updated. Let me know when you find out"

Nadir lifted her head. "Could you help me up?"

"It could come in waves. You dont know if standing would make it worse" Antiere said.

"Could you sit with me until they come?"

Antiere sat down on the floor behind Nadir. "This shit is crazy, man. Some shit always gotta go wrong for you. It ain't even fair"

"We'll be okay"

"Fuuuuuck. Don't say that to me" Antiere stood up, and lifted Nadir up to take her out to the ambulance. "You said it too calmly"

After everyone got situated, the ambulance pulled off sirens blaring and all.

They were all messing with instruments, and Antiere scowled. "Can all of you muh'fuckas just look at her vagina and tell us what the fuck is happening?"

"We have a room set up for her examination at the hospital. We're just making sure that mom's doing okay now"

They shone a flashlight into Nadir's eyes.

"Pulse is weak, but rapid. She's going into shock. How much longer?" The woman asked.

Antiere had tuned out the response.

"Dad, we believe that she is experiencing a placental abruption which is when a placenta separates from the uterine wall either partially or completely. This deprives a baby of oxygen and nutrients, and we would have to check her out and we would like to keep her under our close supervision for atleast a day"

-

"I'm so sleepy, Antiere" Nadir rubbed her face.

"I just need you to talk to me right now. I gotta hear your voice" He kissed her stomach repeatedly.

"I know, i'm staying up for you" She picked at a tube going into her arm.

All of their friends came in at once holding balloons and little hospital gifts.

"Antiere, its like a baby shower. But its not" Nadir said.

"Yeah, they forreal forreal need to get us some more shit" Antiere said.

"We don't want to bother you for too long, but we just wanted to check up on you" Abani smiled politely.

"Y'all can stay if y'all want too. I think we fine now" Antiere said.

"I'll get y'all some food cause y'all niggas be hungry" Earnest said.

"Nadir cant eat, but I want two crab cakes, some mcdonalds fries, some Popeyes drumsticks, and some of those good ass Captain D's rolls cause goddamn"

"So you just want me to ride around all day for you? I meant some quick shit, damn" Earnest said and stood up, checking his pocket for his keys.

"You offered, and you're my older brother so lookout, nigga"

"Hi daddy" Keandre stood up on Quadell's lap.

Antiere turned over on the bed. "Wassup?"

Keandre shrugged his shoulders. "E Nana?"

"She gone be back in a minute"

"Hello" Kensli walked in with Chance.

Nadir picked at another needle going into her arm, because she didn't like the way they felt.

"How you doing?" Chance kissed Nadir on the forehead and put some flowers on the table beside her.

"I'm doing good, just stressed"  Antiere responded.

Kensli handed Nadir a store bought 'Get Well Soon' card, and when Nadir opened it it said 'Hey' going across the page going in big chunky letters.

"Thank you, Kens. That's very thoughtful" Nadir said and rubbed her eyes before allowing them to close.

"Hi Kenny. Hi daddy" Keandre slid down off of Quadell to go see Kensli.

"Who brought the kid?" Kensli asked before laughing at herself. "This is comedy gold"

Keandre held his arms up for Kensli to pick him up.

"Do you liked getting rejectioned?" Kensli asked her brother.

He shook his head no, but still kept his arms up.

"I am gonna telled you something hurtful then"

-