14.

Time to talk shit

Time to talk shit. Ty popped up as soon as I mentioned her name 💀. But in other news, she reminded me of the hoe that I really am.

Looking for some new snap streaks because why not. Disclaimer: I look like a dog, and don't be a creep. For my own safety. Thanks

-
Omniscient

Nadir stepped into the kitchen.

"Mommy, this is-"

"Nadir" He reminded her.

"Sorry" She took a step back.

Chance furrowed his eyebrows. "I see that you're controlling there, huh, fella?"

He chuckled. "It was Nadir's idea for me to introduce myself, and she went back on it. I think she's more nervous than me"

"Hi, how are you? What's your name?" Faris gave the boy a hug, and Chance mentally questioned on why she was being so open already.

"Antiere. Nice to meet you, Ms. Bennett"

"You can't speak to the man of the house?"

"Man of whose house? Because it isn't mine. Nobody gave you that role, Chancelor. Don't make me embarrass you" Faris frowned at him.

"I think imma be prejudice about any nigga that likes or claims that they are interested in my sister. You gone have to be really good at convincing"

"Okay" Kensli said, looking at her father.

"I'll do my best" Antiere gave him a head nod.

Chance extended his hand, and turned it into a first bump, but Antiere grabbed his fist.

"Quick question. Have you seen Get Out?"

"I was actually going to ask if I could take Nadir out to the movies this weekend?"

"You and my sister in a dark room watching an R - rated movie? You know in order to see one of those, you gotta have someone that is atleast 21 with y'all, and don't tell me that you're 21 either, cause you're out of here"

"Excuse me" Nadir said before pulling Chance out of the room. "Chano, stooooop"

"You don't need no nigga to spend time with. You got a whole brother, and a niece"

"You're overprotective. Antiere treats me with respect"

"I don't know Pierre like that. I'll believe it when I see it"

"Okay, deal"

They all sat down at the dinner table.

It was relatively quiet, mostly just Kensli attempting to talk too everybody, and Antiere answering questions every now and then.

Most of them were from Chance, but that was expected.

"I can do the dishes, Ms. Bennett" Antiere offered.

"No, Chance can do them. He's suspended, so he has plenty of free time"

Chance's eyes widened.

The school must have called.

Nadir and Antiere headed up to her room, before he left.

"I got my eyes on y'all" Chance clanked the plates.

Faris put the rest of the dishes on the counter beside Chance, helping him out.

"How you just let Nadir take a boy up to her room? I once read a book called Detroit and the girl Sage had an intruder up in her room, and she got stabbed in the leg"

"You're the one with the baby" Faris said. "Antiere is not an intruder. Atleast Nadir's making friends"

"Friends that want to touch her. No thanks"

Faris laughed before leaving the kitchen, and scooping Kensli up to take to her room.

"Are you going tomorrow? We're starting a book called Tweak by Nic Sheff, and it sounds interesting" Nadir said, adjusting on her bed. "I skimmed the first few pages"

"I got the book with me. I already started reading it. I hadn't imagined to be in a book club, but it's nice"

"Nice interesting, or nice like 'this is poetic'?" Nadir asked.

"Nice interesting. It's an eye opener, and some of the pages that I read were surreal"

"Okay, shhh. Don't spoil anything" She grabbed her headphones.

He pulled her headphones out of her hands, and sat them down on the bed. "Aight, I'm done"

"Good"

"Your mother's nice. I see where you get your looks from"

"Thank you" She smiled.

"I would like to try and befriend your brother. You think it'll happen?"

"Chance doesn't do anything. We'd have to find something in common"

"Aight"

When Chancelor went upstairs to check on them, Nadir was half awake, and Antiere was asleep against the wall. His arm was keeping a page to a book open.

"I know this mans did not go to sleep before you did" Chance laughed.

Antiere sat up straight, and his eyes were red. He yawned before digging in the covers to retrieve his phone.

"On the couch, buddy boy. Nadir's done for tonight"

Antiere put his shoes on. "My mother wouldn't want me out all night. She'd think I was dead. Thank you for the offer though. I appreciate it"

Antiere gave Nadir a side hug before walking down the stairs behind Chance.

"So how many relationships you been in?"

"This is my first one" Antiere answered.

"Why?"

"I'm ugly as hell" Antiere laughed. "I-"

"Yeah, I can see that"

"Were you supposed to find me attractive?"

"Go. Just get out of my house" Chance opened the front door. "They say driving sleepy is like driving drunk. Stay safe"

"You a funny dude. I'd like to get to know you outside of Nadir. We could chill or some shit, but it's up to you"

"Did you say shit? My sister does not curse, and that vulgar language will not be tolerated. Period" Chance said.

Antiere raised his eyebrow because Nadir had cursed around him plenty of times.

Chance laughed. "Calm down, nigga. I'm not grilling you"

He closed the door in Antiere's face, and went back up to his room.

-