5. Flirting with H I M

"Politeness has become so rare
that some people mistake it for flirtation"

◆◆◆

"Hey Renee!" I heard Shane and quickly stopped

"Yes?" I smiled but he did not look happy.

"Look I know you weren't too keen on the idea of being with Baron. But in the couple weeks you were with him he got his ass here on time and while waiting for you to finish up on your work got all the work he missed out on done."

I sighed knowing what was coming.

"And now he is not here?"

I sighed, I wasn't sure what they expected me to do when last week he had been accepting an award in some place. I hadn't seen him in over a week so as far as I was concerned I was done.

"That's not my fault

"That's not my fault. I got back from the Swerved taping to an empty hotel room to find he went on the road by himself. I couldn't very well follow him in a car now could I? I'm not even sure if he was in that particular city" I pleaded with a small smile despite being annoyed that he was getting me into trouble.

Well slight trouble..

"I'll have Andrea cover your backstage interviews in the meantime"

"Why?"

"Because you need to get him here. There were rumours flying around that he would be buried with what happened last week in his absence and he heard. He believed them and now probably doesn't want to come here because he's pissed."

"Do I look like I'm a 7 foot guy who can pull his ass up here?"

"Renee."

"Fine!" I huffed and headed towards the limo.

●●●

"How is there no guy under Baron Corbin? This is the closest hotel to the arena?" I sighed having checked in the morning with Nikki and Nattie.