44. Only a rugged W O L F

"They were utterly
intoxicated with each other"

◐◑●

"Trouble in paradise?" I heard beside me and glared his way. "Interesting..."

"What?" I snapped.

"That you actually agreed to take a lift with me from the hotel." He shrugged tapping on the steering wheel while I clenched my fist on my lap.

"I fucking didn't. The bus was fucking full and I didn't schedule anything because..."

"Because Renee was supposed to pick you up. But she didn't?"

"Look, I fucking know you like her okay? But she's mine whether everyone knows it or not so don't even think of..."

The fucking show-off laughed beside me, "I don't like Renee, not in that way anyway. I'm with someone, I wouldn't say you should let your guard down though."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means people like her. Just not me. " He shrugged and I rolled my eyes as we parked and quickly exitted.

I really wasn't in the mood for anything, I had a pretty much shitty weekend. I know I left the house pissed and went over to Corey's and most of it was a blank. Waking up the next morning thinking I was holding Renee only to realize it was Xander and she was gone. It reminded me of when she had disappeared to her house in Vegas and I didn't like that she ran away from me. I knew her flight was only later that day but I couldn't go tracking her down with me having a flight to catch too.

And of course, when she was with me she was constantly replying to emails and shit but conveniently couldn't even answer any of my calls or texts. I wasn't sure how much I drank but I didn't like it because I couldn't remember what I said and I wasn't sure how I might have made her feel...

I heard her laughter down the hallway and felt my jaw clench as I saw her doing some random thing with Sami and Finn. She noticed me before they did and said a goodbye before attempting to move past me but I gripped her arm.

 She noticed me before they did and said a goodbye before attempting to move past me but I gripped her arm