57. hooked on Y O U

"Let me be the shelter
of your insecurities
I will lock them in a safe where
nobody can judge them."
N A T A S H A D U B A L I A

◆◆◆

"You're fucking weird" I giggled as I felt Baron's fingers dig into my side while I was trying to get some more sleep. His fingers were soon replaced by his teeth grazing on my midsection as he had lifted his t-shirt I wore. I lift my hands to allow him to take it off completely as I stared down at him.

He stopped and rest his chin on my stomach while I twirled his loose strands of hair in between my fingers. He closed his eyes as I massaged his head slowly and even though I was sleepy I adored the image in front of me with his legs draped over the edge of the bed and all.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, while he seemed relaxed I wasn't used to him being so quiet, especially after having woken me up.

He answered me with a playful bite before focusing his brown eyes on me, I gave a sheepish smile before tracing over his string of tattoos filling his arm. "What's on your mind?"

"Besides you" he smirked and I rolled my eyes knowing he was just messing with me so I pinched his arm and he glared at me.

"I don't know, I feel like you already know and you're just trying to sweep it under the rug because you're afraid of a fight. And if that's true then John is right, you are afraid of me even when you say you aren't." I frowned having expected something abit more light to start off the morning but since we had Smackdown later today it was best he got out whatever was bothering him before work.

"I'm not afraid of you so let's just put that on the list of things you shouldn't take note of where John is concerned. And by now you should know that I always find out things" I shrugged.

"I never doubted that. I just don't understand why you don't confront me about it."

I stared at him as I admit I had avoided bringing up his altercation with John. If he didn't plan on speaking to me about it it would have remained non-existent to me. As far as I had heard he handled it and I wasn't there to defend whatever was said so I trusted him.

"Should I bite your head off cause you were upset that you thought you had something good going and it was taken away within seconds?" I questioned as I could only imagine how he had felt moments after losing something that had made him so happy. I didn't need any proof to see how good he was but he saw the briefcase as a source of validation and now it was gone.

"Stop making excuses for me" he groaned and sat up wanting me to be mad at him when I wasn't.

"Would that not be your reasoning to defend yourself? I'm your fiance, Corbin. I'm by your side through it all remember? You believed it when I told you that last night, did you even sleep or were you just thinking about when the ball would drop? I happen to believe that you were probably provoked." I shrugged and having heard from the twins, if they felt John deserved the punch then why shouldn't I have agreed.