25. What just H A P P E N E D

"Feelings never do make sense.
They get you all confused.
Then they drive you around for hours
before they drop you right back where you started. "
B L A I R E W A L D O R F

◆◆◆

"So what? You say all this shit about more and then you just ignore all of it over one fucking night where I made one mistake? I thought you out of all people would know a thing or two about second chances?" He raised his eyebrow, almost fighting it when its what he wanted, it was clear he loved torturing people but I wouldn't give him any satisfaction.

I wasn't sure what made me think that perhaps everyone judged him too harshly that if someone just showed him they could put up with all that came with the wolf he would be comfortable enough to let his guard down completely.

The small bits of a goofy smile or suppressed laughter gave me hope. Kisses underneath a non-mistletoe or a random kiss on the top of my head before messing up my hair. His drunken state where he claimed me as his where I sunk into the idea of more instead of using my common sense knowing it was a rambling mess. Even his jealousy towards the idea of Dolph and I but it wasn't that, it was just his ego not wanting anyone else getting too close to someone he happened to view as his fuck toy.

I briefly glanced at him and saw his eyes focused on me but immediately looked away because I had made my final decision when I spoke to Bryan.

Baron had always been the exception for my moods and now he would be the only one on the roster who completely hated my guts. Well that would make it obvious...

"Yes there's no point in trying to stick around for someone who wanted you gone all along. Where the most effort he puts in is stripping off his shirt and tossing it your way before doing you a favour by sleeping with you." I shrugged staring blankly at him and I saw the anger fill his eyes at being beaten at his own sick twisted game before he nodded and pushed past me and I heard the door slam shut.

"Oooh look what I got!" I heard Nikki, interrupting my thoughts and smiled as she entered Bryan's office with a bunch of roses.

Bryan was off wherever and I wasn't really in the mood to be friendly to anyone tonight after I had been walking around like a zombie thanks to a major hangover, so I was hibernating until I was needed.

"Jon finally remember it?" I smiled but she set it in front of me.

"It was left in catering, for you, no card though"

I frowned and stared at it but felt a bitter taste in my mouth just staring at the beautiful red roses and chucked it into the bin.

"Why did you do that?" Nikki practically screamed my ear off.

"Its probably his idea of a sick joke!" I shook my head before sinking back onto the couch while she stared at the upside down set of roses. "He is fucking married, why does he see the need to rub it in my face that I'm alone?"