29. I missed Y O U

"You shouldn't go looking for answers
in the people who left you.
There are no revelations there, no guides,
no fulfillments of any kind."
R M. D R A K E

●●●

2012

"Are you really leaving?" I questioned Nicole as she picked up her bag and hooked Brie in.

"Yeah, I don't have anyone waiting for me but I know my limits and I need to get this one home."

I smiled and nodded.

"Another one please" I raised my glass to the cute bartender who had given me a couple drinks on the house but all I did was flash a smile. With the job I had landed I doubted starting any relationship now was a good idea.

"So this is how my assistant spends her nights off." I frowned not sure if it was one of the twins imitating him or if he...

"Mr . Manganiello" I stood up quickly as the towering figure was definitely not one of the twins who was the first, along with the Bella's to give me a warm welcome and he chuckled setting a bill next to my vodka before giving it to me.

"Walk with me, Paquette" His deep voice was evident above the loud music and the last thing I needed was to get fired. Luckily I hadn't gone full Brie Mode like the name behind it.

"I'm really sorry, I was having a girls night." I began to explain knowing we had a meeting in the morning but one thing about me was that I was always professional. I might have to overload on the eye drops to get some life and add some blush to my bland skin but I was always professional.

"I might be working with your big boss but I understand you need to let loose" He smirked running a hand through his dark shoulder length locks as we settled in a rather quiet area, VIP lounge.

"Maybe you would like to get "loose" with me?" I stared up into his eyes not sure I heard correctly.

"What?"