36. Truth to some R U M O U R S

"You're a goddamn work of art
and you don't need some
asshole art dealer to tell you,
your worth because I know your value.
You are priceless, baby..."
RM D R A K E

●●●

"I wish I had time to fucking rent a car" I heard Baron as he slipped on his shirt.

"You could have, if you hadn't been too busy fingering me this morning." I blurted out prepared for a cocky reply which he delivered on.

"I don't recall using any fingers. You maybe but..."

"Shut up!" I threw him with his shoe which he caught with a smirk before sitting down on a chair on the other side of the room.

A different room, in a different city luckily for me and away from Joe.

Yeah I sounded way too relieved but who could blame me? I saw a man I hadn't seen in years, my past with my present-future wolf kissing me. I hid the smile at Baron Corbin being the only guy with the audacity to claim me and force me into admitting what he was to me in front of poor Dolph.

Dolph, all my friends would probably end up knowing soon. If they hadn't seen the kiss and me being carried in the lobby by the wolf.

To say it didn't feel weird confessing to Baron would be an understatement. I wasn't really used to getting emotional with him when it wasn't anger or frustration because of my feelings for him yet he always knew how to handle me. With holding me in his arms the night I had been a tearful mess and simply giving me his attention when I told him about my past I was trying so hard to escape from.

I honestly thought I'd be a ball of tears then but telling him felt more like a weight lifted. I feared so many things as he stared at me blankly when I told him. But him not caring I hadn't, maybe I should have been concerned I mean shouldn't he have been pissed that I would do such a horrible thing? But he made me realize that it was never my intention to be with a married man so why should it matter when he is happy?

Who knew the big bad wolf who claimed not to spare anyone a glance or care could make me realize how happy I deserved to be?

"Do you like it?" I questioned due to the room being silent for too long and I realized it might have been my fault for dwelling on how there was much more to Baron than the thorn in my side who gave me nights of passionate sex who made me fall head over heels for him.

"What?" He glanced up seeming confused despite me flipping my hair I had done this morning because I felt like drifting back a bit. I had so many tarnished memories with my longer hair so I hoped to make some new ones, only for a short while because I liked my short hairdo.

"The longer hair, wolf!" I exclaimed with an eye roll which he didn't see since he was focused on fixing his shoes.

"Doesn't matter to me."