45. Nobody will believe I T

"We worry so much about the
thoughts of others that
we often forget we have a
mind of our own too.
O R E N D A

◆◆◆

"So now you're just boycotting your best friend?" I questioned as I stood watching him as he laced up his boots, seeming a bit too focused on it if you asked me

"Yeah." Was his only reply having voiced to me that Corey had made him feel stupid by saying things that he knew wouldn't happen and allowed him to be doubt me.

I wasn't that surprised Corey had probably shared his views like he had with me but wished he hadn't been so blunt in whatever he said. One would think he would know his best friend but clearly he wasn't thinking about how much it would affect him.

Baron wouldn't go crying about it but in my time with him I learnt that while I thought things rolled off of him it would usually end up haunting him. Building up until he just snapped, whether it were unexplainable feelings for me or anger. He held on to it for as long as he could, almost as if he liked being cold but I knew it was his alone and guarded mentality...

"I get that Corey's way of getting things across aren't good. But neither are yours most of the time, he cares about us. About you..." I trailed off but he was quick to cut me off as he stood to his feet.

"I don't need someone treating me like a fucking kid, Renee. I'm a man..."

"I know, you remind me every time you strip baby!" I gripped his belt and he chuckled, briefly glancing down at my fingers.

"Renee," he sighed running his hand over his face which caused me to smile slightly.

"He is your best friend." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his t-shirt covered chest.

"And he knows me and he knows unlike you I won't overthink shit to see it from his point of view. He'll know that he shouldn't have said shit about you." He shrugged having not really expanded much on it, but I knew how Corey saw things.

He claimed I would be the one to break the wolf and I assumed according to Baron's drunk ramblings he had said the same to him, with Amy's back up. I sure knew how to pick my friends, but then again Baron had been in their lives longer...

"Corbin"

"Yeah?" He raised his eyebrow as he stared down at me.

"You're willing to shut Corey out because he said some shit about me?"

"Yeah."

"Oh I love your monotone answers." I groaned into his chest before letting go and moving to the door but heard him as he picked his vest up.

"And I love you questioning me before a match with another guy who needs to know to keep his hands to himself"

I rolled my eyes as he would be going up against one of my good friends, AJ Styles.