55. Knock you O U T

"When that day comes,
when I wake up,
and you aren't in bed, beside me,
comfort will be as far from me as you."
R E E D S B Y M E

●●●

"Someone's looking abit down in the dumps aren't we?" I heard the accent I hadn't heard in quite sometime and smiled brightly as I pulled her into an embrace

"What on earth are you doing here?" I groaned hearing her giggles fill my ear before she sat down beside me on the floor.

An odd choice I know but I was currently running over the schedule for Raw. I wasn't keen on being cast to Raw for the week and being left off Smackdown but what are you going to do? I just hoped my fiance managed to keep his cool tomorrow night on Smackdown. If I didn't know any better I would have been sure that Vince McMahon had a spy to see if any of us had personal drama and just threw storylines at us so that he could get the ratings up.

"You mean why on earth am I showing my face after I basically took a trip to hell and back?" She narrowed her eyes playfully and I stared at the pale goth and all I could do was nod.

It was so easy for everyone to get wrapped up in their own shit but while I was going through the ups and downs of a relationship? Paige was going through the ups and downs of a scandal, something I had known all too well about years before. What I also knew was that you couldn't really be saved if you didn't want to be and while I had allowed my friends to help me through my darkest moments. Paige had crawled and dwelled in hers...

"Well I don't know, you know how Vince is. I had a meeting with him now actually and who knows I might be a regular soon but let's leave that between us shall we?"

"Of course" I sealed my lips as I wasn't on speaking terms with the rest of the women anyway.

"Mmm so a little bird tells me you and Mr Baron Corbin are together! How on earth did that one happen? I mean we have mutual friends so I know him and we have crossed paths. But my little ray of sunshine and the lone wolf, an interesting pair I must admit." She smirked not holding back the suggestive eyebrows as she questioned me.

"Definitely not the first time I have heard it. I'm currently at war with Nikki due to it." I admitted as usually by now we would have spoken but a few weeks later and we were basically avoiding each other.

"Really? But she's engaged to the lunatic. I mean there's nothing wrong with Jon but I feel like I would put him in the same category as Corbin with their no care attitudes." She pondered.

I smiled as that had been my point but Jon was different from Corbin in a way that he got along with people easily. He loved a good time and whether he meant to or not was lovable by people. Baron let loose with people from home or some from NXT but that was it. And these days he obviously found comfort in just me.