17. Unless you A P P R O V E

"He's the king of mixed signals
And she's the queen of
getting her hopes up."

●●●

"Baron.." I poked his sides as we had landed while I guess the smart thing would have been to leave him be and run for the hills, knowing he didn't really want me around would probably lead to him working on every nerve of my body.

"You're home" I whispered into his ear and I hardly ever saw a smile, well besides last night when he was happy-go-lucky Baron but it was there.

I wasn't sure why he even thought to invite me with on his off day even if he was in a drunken state but it got me two days off. Maybe if I hadn't gone crawling back I wouldn't have gotten the invite. But like I said before, he was right I wasn't his girlfriend so I had no right to be mad about pictures. He didn't need to know that's why I was mad though...

"So do you live here or just your mom?" He tensed and I guess he hadn't known I knew about his dad.

It always surprised him that I knew anything about him, at first I was offended because I liked to believe I knew most wrestlers but I was starting to think he wasn't sure why I would put in the effort.

I doubt he even remembered suggesting I keep the wedding band so its good I placed it in his luggage instead.

"Yeah" he simply said and gripped my luggage from my hands and placed it in his car.

"Why don't you like me touching you?" I randomly asked as we got onto the road.

😘😘😘

Unlike drunk Baron who was all over me in the elevator he got annoyed with any contact in public

"Cause we just fucked a couple times. Don't need people thinking there's more" He shrugged.

Couple times?

The first time with Baron was so much more intimate and even though every single time after was certainly pleasing. Yes it was rough and crazy but it was as if he cared to make it pleasurable. And although it still was, it really was...
I just wasn't sure how the kissing had stopped along with the touching. I contemplated dragging him to a bar just so that I could have him be more affectionate but that would mean changing him and he didn't have to. I liked sober Baron too, just not when his harshness pushed down my walls. I had a high tolerance, a thick skin, which I learnt the hard way you needed in this business whether you liked to believe everyone's intentions honest or not. But I guess once you start mixing business with pleasure the skin withers away as your heart is left on your sleeve.