35. Perfect to M E

"She was simply buried deep,
under layers of bedrock and sentiment.
Every pebble a piece of her heart
she foolishly let the wrong hands handle. "
R E E D S  B Y  M E

◐●◑

I watched as she walked off, I knew I had hurt her but she made me mad. Which shouldn't have made me mad considering that's what she always did, what I liked about her. Because she could tick me off so easily that it actually bothered me, let me know she was different. Different to me, let me know I wanted her more. I guess I was mad at people talking shit and mad at her because I wanted to defend her but as far as they were concerned it was all just fucking rumours so what could I do?

I mean I knew she didn't need defending but at least if she was with me she'd have to deal with just that and not them bringing up some guy she had allegedly had an affair with. The Miz wasn't really a reliable source and Corey had left out anything relating to that. But then again why would he tell me when he would have assumed I could care less.

I stared over at the people who hadn't been discrete backstage but were her friends sitting over on the other side. I sighed and stood up hoping she would be in our room so I could reluctantly apologize.

I was about to head to the elevators when I heard Dolph which shouldn't have drawn my attention but the brief glance let me see her as well as the other guy. So of course I immediately cut in and that's how we ended up with her in my arms confirming Miz's words.

"You had an affair, does his wife know?" I questioned her as she walked in ahead of me before closing our door.

"That's the first thing you ask?" She frowned clearly surprised but I noticed how calm the guy seemed, amused even which had ticked me off. Ticked me off enough to kiss her even though I was sure she would make me pay for it.

"She seemed quite friendly happy to see you, happy to see you happy" I slipped off my t-shirt before handing it to her and turning around. Even though I couldn't see her I knew she was most likely confused.

"I'm trying not to fuck you so.." I rambled but was soon cut off by her.

"I would ask how you noticed her reactions but she is a curvy brunette" She mumbled which caused me to turn around seeing her draped in my clothing.

"Renee..." I narrowed my eyes but knew she was trying to mess with me.

"No she doesn't know and well she's his second wife so there's no need. She met the changed man I guess, hope for her sake..."

"...after you?"

She nodded slowly sitting on the edge of the bed and I saw the concern slip onto her face while she searched mine. Maybe she had been expecting a different reaction? Me snapping at her, dropping her on her ass and saying I was done with it?