52. My perfect W O L F

"He says, I'm sorry I am not
an easy person to want.
I look at him surprised
who said I wanted easy,
I don't crave easy,
I crave goddamn difficult"
M I L K AND H O N E Y, R U P I K U A R

◆◆◆

"You know it feels like forever since we have had a proper girls day

"You know it feels like forever since we have had a proper girls day." Nattie spoke and I wasn't going to deny the fact that I had basically been glued to Baron's side.

I didn't really feel bad about it either considering I had spent years without a significant other while my girls were meeting guys, getting married and in the absent Brie's case having babies. I had never been bitter, don't get me wrong, it just felt nice to have someone who I knew had good intentions with my heart and didn't want to lose me.

"Well there is kind of a reason I planned this whole shindig" I announced filling my glass with some champagne before passing it around to everyone else. They all turned to me and frowned, "you're not pregnant are you?"

"No, Nicole. I'm not" I rolled my eyes and her blunt question only made me more nervous.

They knew I was smitten with the wolf and loved being able to tease me about it but them actually knowing I was this serious. A ring wasn't necessary but it helped point out just how serious we were about each other.

"Uhm well Baron and I are engaged"

"What? Since when?"

"Since.. Well since Kevin stupidly pointed it out on TV" I shrugged as it was when Baron had decided in his head he wanted it so I would let it be then.

"What? That was like a month ago and you haven't told us, girl" Trinity shook her head.

"Congratulations!" Nattie smiled and pulled me into a hug which opened the door for the chorus of appreciation that sounded genuine but also worrisome.

"Thank you, I look forward to becoming Mrs Renee Pestock" I stated proudly and they giggled but I saw the look on Nicole's face but of course avoided it. I knew she would have some things to say when she was the one who had braved the Joe storm with me the most.

 I knew she would have some things to say when she was the one who had braved the Joe storm with me the most