49. You stole my heart, W O L F

"And I don't want perfection or validation,
just someone who will treat me like
a fucking human being and remind me
that true happiness is always just
a few minutes away."
R M D R A K E

●◐◑

"So you two are together, I thought she wasn't even a friend?" My mom smirked as I sat in the backyard staring over at the place that she hadn't changed much even though it was nearly a decade since my dad passed.

"She wasn't then." I stated recalling our visit to my mom last year, not sure why I said that when I probably wanted her then. She was still annoying, but annoying because she drove me crazy but in a good way and I didn't like it.

"And now you're engaged?" She questioned again after I had blurted out that my girlfriend couldn't make it first thing.

A reason I didn't feel like crawling my way back to the nest was the interrogation and the last time I had missed that with Renee occupying her and now Renee was all she seemed to want to talk about ever since she got the surprise of her life seeing me on the doorstep with Xander.

I sighed and shook my head, "Its too soon for that"

According to Renee at least...

"So it was part of the job then?"

I frowned slightly realizing that she indeed actually watched Talking Smack and even my matches to have seen that.

"Yeah, they love twisting things." I shrugged knowing I wasn't really being convincing about shit. You could say I was at my lowest at the moment having not seen Renee in a couple weeks was annoying. She was now on both Raw and Smackdown and for the last couple weeks been fixed to Raw. I had figured she had migrated to Raw to get away from me until I saw she was an official free agent a few days before. I wouldn't have blamed her if she had considering I had left that night but I needed to see her.

I had packed up most of our things which honestly said something cause had she been there I would have done most of the distracting and that's only cause she chose to walk around in my shirts with nothing underneath most of the time which drove me crazy.

"Where is she?" I heard my mom and sighed running a hand over my face.

"Who?" I questioned realizing after who she obviously meant.