20. Feeling stupid as E V E R

"SO little of what could happen
Does happen."
S A L V A D O R D A L I

●●●

"Can I confess something? " I slowly bit my lip making sure no one was really around.

She searched my eyes before setting her cocktail down. "You know you want to.."

"So I like Baron." I closed my eyes and tipped my head back, not believing I actually said it out loud.

I mean I had said it out loud to myself quite a few times when reminding myself how silly I was being but it was the first person I told. And telling her didn't feel silly it felt right in so many ways but shouldn't have because there was no point in them...

She rolled her eyes but then smiled, "well the way you were talking about him, showing that caring side I knew it would be obvious soon. And well with your hormones going crazy, sharing a room and well a bed.."

I giggled hoping she hadn't recalled that slip.

"So I can't be spontaneous and just want to bang a guy?" I smiled a bit.

"That doesn't even sound like my NeyNey"

I sighed because I thought I could be but I wasn't

"Besides, you guys spend most of your time together. He has become your friend even if that's not what I initially wanted, you have been stuck with him for two months being nice to him, what else are you going to do you know?"

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"Then go to that room and finally have some mindblowing sex. I mean you aren't the type to just bang and not spend the morning with someone but you already do that so it will be good to relieve some you know.." She nudged me, if only she knew...

"That's if he's there. I kinda set him up with someone" I cringed a bit thinking about the words I had blurted out before I left him simply because I was mad at him. Hurt and mad but deep down knew I was doing it simply as a stupid defense for myself.